Sign in to follow this  
G_1

David, I know it's a pain but...

11 posts in this topic

why can't we access our messages? 

I was advised, by another member, that if you right click on message icon , you can open them in a different tab.

Not ideal, I know, but it works.

Thanks flutterby.  I'll try that next time. x

I to have the same problem. I have managed to right click and open up notifications in a new window but if you are using a tablet or mobile device this is not an option. Appreciate there have been many problems with the new platform etc, but I have lost interest in the site now and rarely use stockingshq because of these issues. I drop back on here from time to time to see of things have improved. Unfortunately the problems continue to exist. As for the chat room I find it completely frustrating. To the point I no longer use it. Once again I am aware of the various issues however it just doesn't work for me. Please take this as constructive feedback and not a moan and groan. I wonder if this will also impact sales of SHQ products because people are not logging into the site as often as they may have done in the past. Fingers crossed for a solution.

Edited by ffstockings

Oh No !!! The Chat Bubble is gone again but ..... the Notification Icon and the Messages Icon  takes you to Notifications or Messages when they are clicked on.

I'm looking into this with chrome, safari, firefox and IE/Edge but can't really document anything as a standard for stuff to try.....Couple this with Chrome have changed their settings pages again after last patch two weeks ago so some of the useful info before then may not work......

For me on Chrome now: chat bubble gone. Logout/log back in sometimes fixes. If not, do the "clear browsing data" thing then log back in. Temp fix.

However, mail, notifications, member search are all not working (as of 17th July)....For member search drop down (doesn't appear) so have to search for all content, then changes search options afterwards and point to member search....

To get mail, right click mail icon and load it into a new tab/new window - this sometimes brings up the mail....not always though :)

If I can get all of this into a post I'll ask a few to test and maybe get a sticky post for tech issues?

Oh, a big NB: This is only what I am experiencing, and this changes daily - I'll try and draft something that can cover most browser issues in a day or two to try and help people back into chat/mail etc....

x

Edited by Damocles

5 hours ago, Damocles said:

I'm looking into this with chrome, safari, firefox and IE/Edge but can't really document anything as a standard for stuff to try.....Couple this with Chrome have changed their settings pages again after last patch two weeks ago so some of the useful info before then may not work......

For me on Chrome now: chat bubble gone. Logout/log back in sometimes fixes. If not, do the "clear browsing data" thing then log back in. Temp fix.

However, mail, notifications, member search are all not working (as of 17th July)....For member search drop down (doesn't appear) so have to search for all content, then changes search options afterwards and point to member search....

To get mail, right click mail icon and load it into a new tab/new window - this sometimes brings up the mail....not always though :)

If I can get all of this into a post I'll ask a few to test and maybe get a sticky post for tech issues?

Oh, a big NB: This is only what I am experiencing, and this changes daily - I'll try and draft something that can cover most browser issues in a day or two to try and help people back into chat/mail etc....

x

Great to see someone with a bit of technical knowledge attempting to solve this.

David is probably way too busy with other things and whilst it may affect visits and sales to the site MUST not have the time to rectify or he surely would.

KtF
:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

Yep, am sure he's busy. And yhe tech stuff going wrong, i doubt there's a wuick fix for all so we gotta try and help ourselves where we can.

Should have something drafted in a couple of days....doing some further testing on ipad snd iphone atm

Hey thanks for this, right clicking messages works for me on Chrome