Sign in to follow this  
Hosierian

A few niggling issues

6 posts in this topic

Having worked in the software industry I appreciate that the odd issue does arise from time to time but seem to have a heap of problems at the moment. Seeing other comments of late I realise I am not the only one and apologise now if these have been raised already. They are: 

  1. Unable to log out once logged in. Only solution is to close the window
  2. Cannot access my messages. When clicking on the envelope icon it fails to do anything except sit there in the corner taunting me. 
  3. Notifications - Flash up red as normal but just like the messages cannot click to see what they are.
  4. When in chat I'm unable to view the forum properly and have to pop out another chat window just to allow me to visit forum page. 

At first I thought ok these will most likely be addressed with a fair amount of urgency and expect I'm not the only one thats suffering this frustration. However, it has been two weeks and each time I log in and hoped at least one might have been fixed but sadly for me it hasnt. 

So, I would appreciate if these can be looked into as it is spoiling my experience considerably. Its a tremendous site with a lovely bunch of people at its core but these bugs are causing me to log in less frequently simply because the frustration I experience on the site just lately is mounting more and more. Thankfully I'm not the hulk so I wont be turning green, ruining loads of nice check shirts and squashing people with my not so little finger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hosierian said:

Having worked in the software industry I appreciate that the odd issue does arise from time to time but seem to have a heap of problems at the moment. Seeing other comments of late I realise I am not the only one and apologise now if these have been raised already. They are: 

  1. Unable to log out once logged in. Only solution is to close the window
  2. Cannot access my messages. When clicking on the envelope icon it fails to do anything except sit there in the corner taunting me. 
  3. Notifications - Flash up red as normal but just like the messages cannot click to see what they are.
  4. When in chat I'm unable to view the forum properly and have to pop out another chat window just to allow me to visit forum page. 

At first I thought ok these will most likely be addressed with a fair amount of urgency and expect I'm not the only one thats suffering this frustration. However, it has been two weeks and each time I log in and hoped at least one might have been fixed but sadly for me it hasnt. 

So, I would appreciate if these can be looked into as it is spoiling my experience considerably. Its a tremendous site with a lovely bunch of people at its core but these bugs are causing me to log in less frequently simply because the frustration I experience on the site just lately is mounting more and more. Thankfully I'm not the hulk so I wont be turning green, ruining loads of nice check shirts and squashing people with my not so little finger. 

I think Hosierian your queries will fall on deaf ears. 

Our wonderful host David is a very, very, very busy man and the forums/chat room whilst an integral part of the website for so many visitors do not and cannot have the same importance and priority for him as that which makes him a living.

It's the way of the world and we have to be grateful for what he can supply and does supply to us and I'm afraid that if we complain too long and too loud we could lose the forums forever as well.

David has Moderators for the site too but they are restricted in what they can do and change. There powers therefore limited plus they too have the time restraint of it not being a full-time occupation.

The forums and chat are supplied free of charge and in this day and age that's remarkable. Yes, I know by having them David draws in people for his business but, we still need to be thankful for what we've got and get.

You seem a really decent fellow and well versed in the art of software and computer maintenance?

Perhaps you are an answer to the dilemma and can offer your services to David and the site?

KtF
:58674bdf747cb_EmojiSmiley-04:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree J with one on going concern. The issue for me is that if simple things aren't working then what about other functions such as security, protection of privacy? How do we know that's ok? Until stuff is resolved I'll be limiting my posts to the odd like and comment

This isn't a go at anyone just a personal position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SeamsFFun said:

I think Hosierian your queries will fall on deaf ears. 

Our wonderful host David is a very, very, very busy man and the forums/chat room whilst an integral part of the website for so many visitors do not and cannot have the same importance and priority for him as that which makes him a living.

It's the way of the world and we have to be grateful for what he can supply and does supply to us and I'm afraid that if we complain too long and too loud we could lose the forums forever as well.

David has Moderators for the site too but they are restricted in what they can do and change. There powers therefore limited plus they too have the time restraint of it not being a full-time occupation.

The forums and chat are supplied free of charge and in this day and age that's remarkable. Yes, I know by having them David draws in people for his business but, we still need to be thankful for what we've got and get.

You seem a really decent fellow and well versed in the art of software and computer maintenance?

Perhaps you are an answer to the dilemma and can offer your services to David and the site?

KtF
:58674bdf747cb_EmojiSmiley-04:

 

Are these 'facts' as you see them or facts that you know to be true?

Edited by camel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you get into chats now? I can't see the bubble anymore since 1 month. 

ND

Ty David to still work on this website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, camel said:

Are these 'facts' as you see them or facts that you know to be true?

Typical Boatman / Fit Fella comment 😴 💤 😴 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this