albatights

Where is ADMIN?????

23 posts in this topic

last few days virtually impossible to access the chat room or messenger service, can't read new messages or previous ones, pull down options no longer seem to be available, cant even log off. Can someone in Admin resolve this?

Edited by albatights

16 hours ago, albatights said:

last few days virtually impossible to access the chat room or messenger service, can't read new messages or previous ones, pull down options no longer seem to be available, cant even log off. Can someone in Admin resolve this?

If only!

17 hours ago, albatights said:

i agree albs i'm the same none of the drop down stuff works , can't access messages or see notifications, can't upload anything, it's getting worse and we need some answers

still cant get the new chatroom to load

15 minutes ago, NYLON GODDESS said:

i agree albs i'm the same none of the drop down stuff works , can't access messages or see notifications, can't upload anything, it's getting worse and we need some answers

Ive had this problem too for the last 2 days this is getting worse we seem to be going backwards instead of forwards..

yesterday I could not even sign in when I click on sign in My profile name or create new content nothing happens with the drop down menus nothing there

If someone from admin  side is reading this could you please just confirm if there is a problem please 

Thank You 

LInda

You could always ask for your money back!

Not been on chat in months.  Seems very poor

Yes I agree Carole, we,ll have to find a better way! lol

chat is back on my laptop,but its nothing like the  good old shq days .

I'm the same as some of you...can't access messages or notifications... but I'm sure it will be fixed.... have faith in DAVE... love Marge.

Experiencing problems here too but I am sure they are being worked on. I did find though that if you right click on the notification and message icons then click Open on the drop down menu you can access your messages.

3 hours ago, JennCD said:

Experiencing problems here too but I am sure they are being worked on. I did find though that if you right click on the notification and message icons then click Open on the drop down menu you can access your messages.

Thank you Jenn, that works a treat, but why couldn't admin tell us that instead of this very rude silence.

Now, if you have any ideas on how to sign out they would be very appreciated.

Edited by camel

Oh dear oh dear. I do apologise for not spotting there was a problem. I apologise for not providing round-the-clock 24/7 support for a free service when I have a buiness to run at an exceptionally busy time in the warehouse. Clearly that makes me "very rude" and the only sensible thing to do is to give up trying to pay wages, dedicate myself full time to running the forum, never actually sleep, and then I can wallow in the abuse all day every day for things outside my control. Happy days.

David, welcome to the madness that is the modern world.  Everyone wants everything for free and feels is acceptable to insult.  Personally, I'm really appreciative of what you do.  The site is free, costing you time and money. What I  find really strange is I have yet to experience a problem with the new chat and I'm in there most days.  Maybe if people actually started explaining in simple terms, the browser they were using, and what the problem is, maybe there would be a chance for you to resolve it.

take it easy, have a gin, step away from the site for a few days, and see if people can politely request issues to be fixed, rather than use the language they have been using.  And if that fails, well I know what I would do if I was in your shoes...

george 

David,

It’s all well and good you gallivanting off running a business, keeping people in jobs, writing a book, pursuing your own interests, and having a private life, but these are real issues suffered by real people.

In amongst the conflicts of Syria and Iraq, the threat from North Korea, terrorism in the UK and beyond, the financial uncertainty of Brexit, and the on-going crisis in the NHS, it mustn’t be forgotten that chat rooms matter.

People demand a “Strong and stable” chat room – wheeling out the tired old cliché of “It’s free to join, and free to use” just doesn’t cut it these days (and please stop bleating on about how every year it costs thousands of pounds of your money to maintain).

You need to realign your priorities in life, David.

So rude!

(And by the way, just what are you doing to sort out Syria, Iraq, North Korea, terrorism, Brexit, and the NHS?  Hmm?)

I don't understand why David is offering a free chat room which clearly only partially works for some people. I would have thought the sensible business choices would be

1. Withdraw it

2. Charge for it, or

3. Fix it

As it is costing the business time and money I would go for 1.

Jo

2 hours ago, David@SHQ said:

Oh dear oh dear. I do apologise for not spotting there was a problem. I apologise for not providing round-the-clock 24/7 support for a free service when I have a buiness to run at an exceptionally busy time in the warehouse. Clearly that makes me "very rude" and the only sensible thing to do is to give up trying to pay wages, dedicate myself full time to running the forum, never actually sleep, and then I can wallow in the abuse all day every day for things outside my control. Happy days.

David,

I do apologise for thinking you have nothing better to do than to nursemaid a load of whingers. The fact that there have been problems with the new site since it's induction is obviously of no importance compared with your many other activities, and I understand that you have to put something on the back burner while you juggle more important issues.

Following all the different threads on all forums and members saying how they have tried to contact you about the problems and received no responce what so ever, I would have thought a simple one liner from yourself to say that things were in hand, would be good manners, from the owner of the site.

19 minutes ago, Stiletto said:

I don't understand why David is offering a free chat room which clearly only partially works for some people. I would have thought the sensible business choices would be

1. Withdraw it

2. Charge for it, or

3. Fix it

As it is costing the business time and money I would go for 1.

Jo

I think the above post sums the situation up nicely, but with other issues as well as a chat room that is barred to some members, perhaps Stiletto has a point, but just as a matter of interest, why is it impossible to log out?

Again, I apologise from keeping you from your very important work.

Where is the admin? He's been here for us for so many years I've lost track. This is place I could come to, to brag, piss and moan, state my case, or whatever. And the man has allowed me to do exactly that.

Let's critique the problems with the chat room, or whatever, but give the man a little breathing room. He certainly deserves it! We've all been 'up to our arses in alligators' before, so give him the chance to make things right.

We should appreciate the things we do have.

Not wanting to appear as a sycophant, but David has performed a damned good job for too long a time for me to stifle my feelings about this.

Please note before moaning, that during the Spring and Summer time you have the most retro/1940's events that take place, with this there is lots of orders that people are making for  stockings, suspenders and other bits of lingerie that is the main business that David is running.  

As rowlf has stated above, give David breathing room so that he can make sure that his business is running as well as it should, so that from those sales, this forum can continue to be used by many of us that are patrons of it.    If you are not willing to give David breathing room, then I suggest you leave this site for the Pay room sites where you have more of a right to be moaning.    

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, David@SHQ said:

David, I know this is your site and your staff and you provide a much needed service to satisfy an awful lot of longings here. I applaud you for that.

I also appreciate and understand your busy and indeed almost too hectic lifestyle, I simply do not know how you cope.

But, a service is a service regardless if it is free or not and it reflects on a business when it is not working properly and will always draw criticism and comments when it isn't what people want it to be.

I know this as a fact given the area in which I work where we too offer a free, public service that is essential to a vast majority of people and used by virtually all. Sadly, those that are happy with it will never comment, those that aren't and that it doesn't work for will always have their say.

For me I love the chat room and some of the friendships it has enabled me to have and I miss not being able to get in to it whether it be by my Desktop, Laptop or Mobile BUT, perhaps time has come to either make it a payable service or withdraw it all together.

The former I know would be an administrative nightmare for you and the latter I'm sure would be devastating for some and perhaps a last resort.

The only other solution I can offer up is perhaps someone with the technical know-how and expertise could be persuaded too lend their services to help sort it? Unfortunately I can't make that offer myself or I would.

And here's a completely left-field question .............................................................. Is it possible to buy shares in your company?

KtF
:58674bdf747cb_EmojiSmiley-04: