Mrs sandyseams

Do you remember your first suspender belt?

44 posts in this topic

Many years ago when I was still at High School in 1979 I bough my first suspender belt with my pocket money  it was from C&A.  It was a little fawn one with lace and bows.  Very basic and had plastic clips that proved to be difficult to clip in.  But I loved it, I would then use my subsequent pocket money to buy my stockings from the Co-op and Woolworths.  Of course to be different I bought black seamed stockings.

i remember having to wash it and my stockings in the upstairs bathroom in secret when I went to bed at night and dry them on the radiator so my mother didn't know I was wearing them.  There were only a few of us who wore stockings then and I'm sure they did it to attract the boys!  Me I wore them because I loved the look of them and the way they felt when you wore them.  But in the end they did attract attention.

There was one special boy who I did eventually wear them for in the hope that he would notice me I would wait at the bus stop for him everyday and walk to school with him hoping he would hold my hand but he never did.  He was my friend until one day we were boy and girl.  He got to see my little fawn belt and stocking tops but sadly that was all it was circumstances took over and we went our separate ways and a love was lost.

I had always wondered where that little belt had gone and wished I'd kept it .  Now that special boy is a wonderful man and in my life once again this time it's  forever, we wanted so much to find one of these little belts as a memento from our teenage years and our young love.  How far did he have to search ?  All the way to China but he found one and it has plastic clips!  I'm so happy that he was able to find one .  Now it's worn again especially for him.  It means so much to me, I have many others but this little one has pride of place.

Does anyone else have fond memories of their first suspender belt?  

14 people like this

A happy ending to a happy beginning  :58674be18a3d6_EmojiSmiley-07:

Whats the chances of coming full circle after all these years :58674bdf747cb_EmojiSmiley-04: 

A lovely tale, many thanks for sharing with us :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

1 person likes this

That's a beautiful story. I hope you are very happy together after all these years, and that you were able to find a similar suspender belt! 

I have been racking my brain to remember my first experience with a suspender belt, and its a bid hazy. I remember being in my 20's and wanting to be seen as a woman by a man I had a crush on. I bought black fishnet stockings (I know, right - the first ones??!! LOL) and a teeny little black suspender belt with the same as you - light flimsy garter tabs and thin straps - more play type than foundational. I wore it with a skirt and yes, I did get attention. From other men, but not him. LOL I don't think I wore them again for years after that. 

When I met MrDZ, I had all but given up on any type of lingerie or stockings. I wore more foundational than pretty as I was a larger woman - mostly I wore Cacique from an American company called Lane Bryant. I remember wearing a very foundational "unsexy" (to me) bra when on a date and was so afraid that he might see my granny bra and panty girdle I was wearing and laugh at me.  Much to my surprise, he liked foundations! WIN WIN!! I had a need for foundations, and he loved them!! 

When we became serious, he purchased me an OBG from JC Penney and some stockings, and I think that was one of the first times I wore any kind of stockings since the fiasco of the fishnets, but I think MrDZ can remember what was first better than I can. 

The rest is history! :)

2 people like this

Yes, I remember my first one too!  Also when I started high school, it was white with four straps

1 person likes this

Oh wow - lucky fella! 

Do we get to see this Holy Grail belt in your gallery then Mrs SS?!! 

1 person likes this

I was in secondary grammer school and just hated tights.    I wore stockings and suspenders for comfort.  In the first spring easter I was wearing them I had my first erotic experience with a much older male who loved stockings.   We parted but after a few years we got back together and later married

9 people like this

Hi MrsSandyseams:

I'm 66 so when I became old enough for sheer hosiery, stockings were what everybody wore. For my tenth birthday in 1961, Mom got me a cute little garter panty from Sears designed for little girls who longed to wear stockings. It came with a bra-top vest that looked like a bra but was designed for girls who had not yet developed. Mom also got me several pairs of teenage stretch nylons, RHT in a light beige color. 

At first, I was only allowed to wear the stockings to church on Sundays, but within a year or so, I was allowed to wear them more frequently. At that point, Mom got me my first garter belt and the little garter panty went in my drawer, never to be worn again. I still have it, by the way, as I still live in the house I was born in. 

Believe it or not, it was common practice for girls to start wearing nylons at age 10 or 11 back then. But, of course, this was 56 years ago. OMG that makes me feel old!!

Karen

9 people like this

My boyfriend, back in 1968 purchased a black garter belt for me.  It had two straps on each side and was made very sturdy.  I also received a pair of black bikini panties.  Later that day we went to town and he purchased three pairs of black rh&t stockings for me. I still have that garter belt.  Prior to the garter belt I wore an OBG or open bottom girdle to keep my hosiery in place.

That boyfriend has been married to me since March or 1971.  Blame it on the belt and stockings!

8 people like this

Hi

It was a plain white 4 strap from Marks and Spencer, I was 14 or so and and moved from knee socks to tights, but tights gave me thrush so it has been stockings ever since.

Kate 

4 people like this

Same here Katie and just a bit younger starting for me.  But the delights of finding males loved them was a thrill

4 people like this

5 hours ago, HanesBaby-CSB said:

My boyfriend, back in 1968 purchased a black garter belt for me.  It had two straps on each side and was made very sturdy.  I also received a pair of black bikini panties.  Later that day we went to town and he purchased three pairs of black rh&t stockings for me. I still have that garter belt.  Prior to the garter belt I wore an OBG or open bottom girdle to keep my hosiery in place.

That boyfriend has been married to me since March or 1971.  Blame it on the belt and stockings!

That's really cool!! If I am putting things together - you married your first love and high school sweetheart? 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, kate said:

Hi

It was a plain white 4 strap from Marks and Spencer, I was 14 or so and and moved from knee socks to tights, but tights gave me thrush so it has been stockings ever since.

Kate 

Eek!! That IS an issue though - one that stockings wearers have a better chance of not getting them! My gynecologist told me that sleeping "commando" is great to air out the DMZ at night and helps to cut down on infections. I've done that ever since. 

Mrs SS, your date recollection of 1979 put my mind smack back into my high school days.  My penchant for lingerie, which later evolved into a fetish/admiration for stockings (and thus foundations and the like) all came online around 1976.  In '79, I thought all the girls around me were wearing pantyhose, not stockings.

Disco (bleck!) was eerily creeping about in the nightclubs in these years.  Women going out for an evening of dancing were wearing stockings quite often, but for romantic reasons.  If I had seen a girl on campus wearing seams (let alone black seams) I don't know what I would have done.

Boy howdy, 1979...  Set the WAY BACK Machine, Mr. Peabody, to those ol' high school days.

1 person likes this

On June 14, 2017 at 11:14 AM, MrsDzineGuy said:

but I think MrDZ can remember what was first better than I can. 

On June 14, 2017 at 11:14 AM, MrsDzineGuy said:

My dear, the first suspender belt I knew you had, way back when we first dated, was a light brown/tan belt; lacy and quite pretty, not deep at all but maybe 5-6 inches at the front. Four straps, plastic loops, and I remember wondering if you had the matching bra (which you didn't - shucks!).  When I'd asked you about its origins, you were pretty sketchy in not knowing from where it came, why you had it, and when it was you last wore it.  That made me jealous, thinking you'd had that for another man to enjoy at some point in your recent past, and were afraid to divulge that with me, for fear of losing me or something.

As for the first one I bought for you:

I believe it was four straps featuring sheer white nylon netting dripping with beautiful multi-colored embroidery; matching sheer panties and a sheer bra too.

Such humble beginnings.  

Now?  We need a separate chest of drawers for the ever-growing collection.  What a hobby!!  :58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:

Edited by dzineguy
double entry of her quote
2 people like this

24 minutes ago, dzineguy said:

My dear, the first suspender belt I knew you had, way back when we first dated, was a light brown/tan belt; lacy and quite pretty, not deep at all but maybe 5-6 inches at the front. Four straps, plastic loops, and I remember wondering if you had the matching bra (which you didn't - shucks!).  When I'd asked you about its origins, you were pretty sketchy in not knowing from where it came, why you had it, and when it was you last wore it.  That made me jealous, thinking you'd had that for another man to enjoy at some point in your recent past, and were afraid to divulge that with me, for fear of losing me or something.

No one ever saw it but you, my love. 

I bought it in the hopes of snagging the one who shall remain nameless... but I never had the nerve to wear it out of the house. 

There were many times I wish that man never came into my life, but if he hadn't, I might not have known the gem you were. He taught me everything I didn't want in a man and caused my eyes to be open for the better man God had waiting for me in you. 

so I guess I'm a way we need to be thankful he was such a butt, right!? :58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:

Edited by MrsDzineGuy
2 people like this

Mrs DZ took this quick snap of the infamous tan suspender belt in question:

She's sticking to her story, and I'm over-the-moon delighted with her account of the sitch.   

Ladies and gentlemen, the suspender belt, made by Felina.  A real beauty, eh?!!!

Felina Garterbelt.jpeg

5 people like this

1 hour ago, dzineguy said:

Mrs DZ took this quick snap of the infamous tan suspender belt in question:

She's sticking to her story, and I'm over-the-moon delighted with her account of the sitch.   

Ladies and gentlemen, the suspender belt, made by Felina.  A real beauty, eh?!!!

Felina Garterbelt.jpeg

I wish I could still fit it. I swear I was never that small, but I know I was. Pre baby hips...

My first suspender belt was bought from a one-stop women's clothes shop in Skegness whilst on holiday. I would have been about 14 and bought it when pretending to go off to play on the games machines which are plentiful in one area of the town.

My sister's first suspender belt was one she borrowed (never gave it back though) from me in her early 20s, when her boyfriend at the time gave her a pair of stockings to wear and she didn't own a belt and knowing I did, she asked for one to loan.

I remember the first time I noticed my daughter was wearing was when they appeared in the washing, a little 6 strap number.  I thought Mrs B had bought a new belt, but she said it was our daughters. 

Suddenly made me feel very old realising my little girl had really grown up. Also made me slightly worried because I know how I was when I started courting Mrs B and knew she was wearing, and now I'm slightly worried my daughter's boyfriend will be the same. 

But equally I sort of felt proud that she was breaking away from the normal thick black tights fraternity that seems to be normal for most young girls today. 

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Bigun said:

I remember the first time I noticed my daughter was wearing was when they appeared in the washing, a little 6 strap number.  I thought Mrs B had bought a new belt, but she said it was our daughters. 

Suddenly made me feel very old realising my little girl had really grown up. Also made me slightly worried because I know how I was when I started courting Mrs B and knew she was wearing, and now I'm slightly worried my daughter's boyfriend will be the same. 

But equally I sort of felt proud that she was breaking away from the normal thick black tights fraternity that seems to be normal for most young girls today. 

Awkward 😳🤔🤣 

That's where it makes me glad in a way that we only have male offspring, because like yourself - I know what I was like 😋

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bigun said:

My dad was the same when he found I was wearing.  But my mother encouraged me to as well

1 person likes this

I dont remember the specific belt, but know it was a high street 4 strap, C & A , Im pretty sure, as I went on a big shop for my first job in the city.

It was the late 80's , so I do remember it was pussy bow blouses too, also I dont recall actual cut of skirt, but it was rather 'flowy'. As the youngest member of the firm it was my job to collect the post from the DX office, which was just across from the new Lloyds building, anyone who knows this area knows it can become quite a wind vortex and with armfuls of post... :58674be6ca98e_EmojiSmiley-15: Lets just say the boss was often surprised with the amount of brokers that visited us on certain days :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

I also remember it was rather unreliable and got me into trouble many times, one pinging incident I recall, I found what I thought was a discrete doorway to reattach my suspender, but I forgot to look up...until there was a chorus of cat calls and wolf whistles from builders above. :58674bf0eeb1b_EmojiSmiley-33:

I switched to basques most of the time, but often the 'bones' which where just plastic rods would get bent out of shape and they became more difficult to find as they fell from grace as an underwear item (enter Ann Summers tack).

It has only been the last 12/15 years that I discovered 'proper' suspender belts and oh what a boon !

3 people like this

Oh but for the grace of a well-timed errant breeze... the stuff which dreams are made of.

I'll never forget one of my first welt spottings "in the wild".  I was dropping in at my college, during a break between semesters.  The campus was largely deserted but for the admin staff.  I went to the cafeteria for a drink and a sandwich.  Sat down at a table near the door, I was one of two people in there.  

Across the room, seated near a window was a lovely young woman, the slit in her skirt revealing a nice, plain-as-the-sunrise stocking welt.No one was around to catch me in my gawking, for had anyone else been in the room (large as it was), it would have been obvious as to what/who I was staring...  She was reading, never looked-up, never caught me steeling more than a glance.  Arresting was that view!

The first suspender belt Mrs JS wore after I met her was a pale blue 4 strapper that she bought from a department store in Chesterfield in summer 1975 (she had worn stockings & suspenders before I knew her in the pre-tights days).

After that she had several sets of Warners lingerie, each having a  good quality 4 strap suspender belt.  She particularly liked the set in a colour called gold dust where she also had bra, panties, french knickers & camisole as well as a suspender belt.  I've lost count of how many different suspender belts she has had since we got married (must be 30 or 40!)

2 people like this

I recall going shopping circa November  '76, for lingerie, including suspender belt, with the girl who became my first wife.

We bought it from Binns in Doncaster, along with the stockings, black Aristoc seams as I recall along with some different coloured  stockings for evenings out.

The suspender we're I think, Warner, and in  coffee and creamer colour with matching bra an knockers. 

That lady was a stockings wearer for many years, until we divorced in the '80's.

Always great fun and we always shopped for lingerie together.

Fun times. 

1 hour ago, bazil1 said:

I recall going shopping circa November  '76, for lingerie, including suspender belt, with the girl who became my first wife.

We bought it from Binns in Doncaster, along with the stockings, black Aristoc seams as I recall along with some different coloured  stockings for evenings out.

The suspender we're I think, Warner, and in  coffee and creamer colour with matching bra an knockers. 

That lady was a stockings wearer for many years, until we divorced in the '80's.

Always great fun and we always shopped for lingerie together.

Fun times. 

Those 'knockers' sound good 😊 

Dont tell me you divorced her?? 👀🤔😳

1 hour ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

Those 'knockers' sound good 😊 

Dont tell me you divorced her?? 👀🤔😳

Lol, typo's, should read Knickers. 

Yes, we married young, I was in a job that involved lots of travel and long periods away from home.

While I was away the loneliness got to her,  she found someone else and we divorced in '84.

However, we have met a couple of times over the years, as friends but most importantly as the parents of our two children. 

And yes, I have been privy to the odd flash when we were both Between partners as it were. 

1 person likes this

Ahh thanks for the info 👍🏻 

It must be 'strange' meeting after breaking up knowing what she knows about your undies preferences etc 🤔 

Was it just a flash of undies or did you (cough) for old time's sake? 😳

46 minutes ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

It must be 'strange' meeting after breaking up knowing what she knows about your undies preferences etc 🤔 

Just stocking top and a bit of the fastener.

She has superb legs, always has, had we stayed together this could've been our 40th year of marriage.

Still time passes and we all move on, I haven't seen her in a few years now, and from what our grown up Children have told me she's on her 5th marriage. 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, bazil1 said:
53 minutes ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

Just stocking top and a bit of the fastener.

She has superb legs, always has, had we stayed together this could've been our 40th year of marriage.

Still time passes and we all move on, I haven't seen her in a few years now, and from what our grown up Children have told me she's on her 5th marriage. 

She likes wedding 👰 cake 🎂 then? :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

1 person likes this

Yes, I reckon she must! 

2 people like this

The first Warners set that Mrs JS had was bra,knickers & suspender belt in the same colour you described Bazil it was called Cafe - I bought it for her for Xmas 1977.

Edited by John S
2 people like this

Thank you John S, happy memories for us both I think. 

I love reading about everyone's experiences. 

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, MrsDzineGuy said:

I love reading about everyone's experiences. 

I know, it's great isn't it.

Mrs Seams bought her own first "high street" 4-plastic strap black belt herself.

But once she realised she enjoyed stockings and suspenders it made birthdays, Christmas and Anniversaries a lot easier :58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

1 person likes this

On 6/15/2017 at 2:23 PM, MrsDzineGuy said:

That's really cool!! If I am putting things together - you married your first love and high school sweetheart? 

You are right Mrs.DZ!  Bill is just about two years older than me.  His sister and I were in the same high school class of 1969.  Bill graduated in 1967.  We went to the same school.  In the summer of 1968 my friend and I saw him at Paul's Drive In.  He was showing off his new car.  A 1968 Red GTO.  My friend Paula went over to talk to him about her boyfriend.  You know,teen age love problems.  When she was done she asked if Bill would take Paula and I for a ride in his new car.  He was a big money maker and working at the steel mill.  Making a whopping $2.38 an hour.  Yes, two dollars and thirty eight cents an hour.  His car cost him just about $3000 dollars. I got in the back seat and Paula in the front and Bill still getting to know the manual four speed transmission hit the road in a jerky way.  We drove around for half an hour.  A few days later Bill asked Paula if I might go out with him.  He got my phone number and three days later it all started.  I had many rides in the GTO after that.  Bill was very shy!  He did tell me I had pretty legs and my legs looked really nice in stockings.

Bill volunteered for Army/Vietnam duty in November of 1968.  He found a place to keep his car and it was started and ran every week.  When Bill went to Vietnam, his father, without asking Bill sold his GTO.  His father kept the money and Bill never saw the GTO or money again.  His dad told Bill he owed it to the family.  Yes Bill's father was a mean, drunken man!

When I was a senior in high school I wore that garter belt, black rh&t stockings and those panties almost daily.  My teachers told me it would never work out.  They were wrong!  Under my wedding gown I wore black rh&t stockings.  Been doing so since 1968.

I asked him what caught his eye about me.  He said, that pair of pink above the knee shorts that showed off my fanny.

Yes, my first real love and we are going strong.  No GTO but still black stockings!

1968 GTO.jpeg

On 7/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, SeamsFFun said:

I know, it's great isn't it.

Mrs Seams bought her own first "high street" 4-plastic strap black belt herself.

But once she realised she enjoyed stockings and suspenders it made birthdays, Christmas and Anniversaries a lot easier :58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:.

KtF

What is a high street suspender belt? 

9 hours ago, HanesBaby-CSB said:

You are right Mrs.DZ!  Bill is just about two years older than me.  His sister and I were in the same high school class of 1969.  Bill graduated in 1967.  We went to the same school.  In the summer of 1968 my friend and I saw him at Paul's Drive In.  He was showing off his new car.  A 1968 Red GTO.  My friend Paula went over to talk to him about her boyfriend.  You know,teen age love problems.  When she was done she asked if Bill would take Paula and I for a ride in his new car.  He was a big money maker and working at the steel mill.  Making a whopping $2.38 an hour.  Yes, two dollars and thirty eight cents an hour.  His car cost him just about $3000 dollars. I got in the back seat and Paula in the front and Bill still getting to know the manual four speed transmission hit the road in a jerky way.  We drove around for half an hour.  A few days later Bill asked Paula if I might go out with him.  He got my phone number and three days later it all started.  I had many rides in the GTO after that.  Bill was very shy!  He did tell me I had pretty legs and my legs looked really nice in stockings.

Bill volunteered for Army/Vietnam duty in November of 1968.  He found a place to keep his car and it was started and ran every week.  When Bill went to Vietnam, his father, without asking Bill sold his GTO.  His father kept the money and Bill never saw the GTO or money again.  His dad told Bill he owed it to the family.  Yes Bill's father was a mean, drunken man!

When I was a senior in high school I wore that garter belt, black rh&t stockings and those panties almost daily.  My teachers told me it would never work out.  They were wrong!  Under my wedding gown I wore black rh&t stockings.  Been doing so since 1968.

I asked him what caught his eye about me.  He said, that pair of pink above the knee shorts that showed off my fanny.

Yes, my first real love and we are going strong.  No GTO but still black stockings!

1968 GTO.jpeg

Thank you Susan, for sharing this story and a glimpse into your life and love ❤️ of your life! 

1 minute ago, MrsDzineGuy said:

What is a high street suspender belt? 

Commercially available and usually very flimsy with four-plastic straps.

I suspect that many a Lady bought such a belt as their first and a lot probably have only ever had such a one.

It's only the dedicated that go deeper and more, LOL!

KtF

15 minutes ago, SeamsFFun said:

Commercially available and usually very flimsy with four-plastic straps.

I suspect that many a Lady bought such a belt as their first and a lot probably have only ever had such a one.

It's only the dedicated that go deeper and more, LOL!

KtF

Oh, I had a few of those when I first met MrDZ. He educated me on the value of real metal garters, thicker straps, and more than 4 straps. One of the reasons suspender belts freaked me out is that the garters let loose so often, and that helped explain it.

The first time I went out on an OBG, I was so afraid that I would have a blow out, but I didn't!!! I learned a lesson that day: never wear "for play only" out as work horses! 

1 person likes this