Dworkin

Gumband Launcher

52 posts in this topic

Greetings there All.

Haven't heard from Gums in too long, anyone know what his status might be? Last episode had him in need of a kidney and I won't go too deep with this, 

but...

due to policies of the last US admin though lots of folks got "health care" lots more that did have it had it changed via the Unaffordable Care Act wherein many that paid into a broken system (like Gums) got shorted because the middle class had assets and in his case had to liquidate some  to get help.

Anyway, should anyone have an update, please let me along with others here knowledge. Just too quiet from that sector.

Best,

Dworkin

I too hope he is well. Should anyone be in touch, send him my regards.

I'll do some checking up on ol' Gums. I have a friend that was going to check up on him last time he went absent. Then he briefly re-appeared. I truly hope the ol' geez is doing ok.

As one gets older, he realizes life can bite you on the behind at any given moment. At any age, for that matter. If some catastrophic incident doesn't occur, then the elements continue to wear you down................in spades.

After all is said and done, that is, if God allows him this time, he is able to look back and consider the past. And knowing that, in spite of all his faults and the mistakes he made along the way, he was out there swinging, making a difference. And fulfilling his destiny.

1 person likes this

Let's hope the elasticated old cumudgeon is still twanging it with the best of 'em. Perhaps he looks in at the basement from time to time and simply feels it isn't worth the effort anymore ?

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Deeperwelt said:

Let's hope the elasticated old cumudgeon is still twanging it with the best of 'em. Perhaps he looks in at the basement from time to time and simply feels it isn't worth the effort anymore ?

I hope you're right DW. But Gums has never been too shy to speak up about anything. We'll find out something.

1 person likes this

What goes around comes around.  I am back.

Forty-seven yearre AGO, i suffered an athletic injury that put in in the hospital four a month and required seven surgeries.  In that accident5t, I broke my fibia and tiblia in two places in a compound fracture.  I also tore the anterior cruciate ligament.  After 10 months in a cast, and 16 montths in a shoe to hip brace, I was released for the ACL surgery and 12-month rehab.  I had gotten married, and my wife had a baby four months on its way.

I never got the ACL repaired.  

The weekend after New Years I was showering, and the ACL knee buckled.  I slipped and fell - resulting in a broken femur 3-4 inches below my hip.  Surgeons inserted a rod in my femur from my hip to my knee.  I spent the next 3 1/2 months in the hospital and an orthopede rehab facility.  I didn't exit the bed for 44 days.  I didn't stand until April 20.  I didn't walk - with thee assistance of a 4-wheel walker until last Friday.  While I got home a month ago, last Friday was the first time I left the house except for ambulance rides to and from dialysis treatments.

I am bouncing back.  I have piss in my cup once again.  I am looking forward to stirring things up  on the OTF.I have some opinions that have been surpressed by the time I was laid up.  I doubt that old timers to the OTF will find that I have mellowed or or been converted to political correctness.

Glad to be back!

2 people like this

Glad to have you back! It seems you've gone through a helluva lot.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune ole buddy but glad to see your fighting spirit won through.

It is fabulous to have you back amongst us once again.

I suggest that it'll be tin helmets at dawn for some!

KtF
:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

Nash, I salute you. Youv'e been to hell and back. Give the bastards hell and hold your head up high. Look after yourself sunshine.

Respect John B.

Why the need for a new account though, Mr Launcher? At a time when multiple personality disorder is running rife in these parts, a doyen reappearing in this manner will cause consternation and no shortage of disbelief in certain quarters.

1 person likes this

Welcome back Mr Nash

13 hours ago, Deeperwelt said:

Why the need for a new account though, Mr Launcher? At a time when multiple personality disorder is running rife in these parts, a doyen reappearing in this manner will cause consternation and no shortage of disbelief in certain quarters.

But at least he doesn't try and deceive us with a new / different name, making out he's someone he isn't, unlike the other doofuses :58674be6ca98e_EmojiSmiley-15:

2 hours ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

But at least he doesn't try and deceive us with a new / different name, making out he's someone he isn't, unlike the other doofuses :58674be6ca98e_EmojiSmiley-15:

But we don't know that yet, do you?

29 minutes ago, rowlf said:

But we don't know that yet, do you?

My view us that this is highly unlikely. I may sometimes disagree with him but he has always been honest and true to his beliefs. I am happy to see him return and hope his health continues to improve.

9 minutes ago, deepix said:

My view us that this is highly unlikely. I may sometimes disagree with him but he has always been honest and true to his beliefs. I am happy to see him return and hope his health continues to improve.

Then fine. I'm just saying that he misspelled his name, made many other spelling errors, etc. For all we know this could've been written by nylon!:58674be5c2392_EmojiSmiley-13:

7 minutes ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

No 'we' don't but do you? :58674be6ca98e_EmojiSmiley-15: :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

Still carrying that little mouse around in your pocket, huh?:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, rowlf said:

Then fine. I'm just saying that he misspelled his name, made many other spelling errors, etc. For all we know this could've been written by nylon!:58674be5c2392_EmojiSmiley-13:

I need to wake up. Why would he need to create a new misspelt profile name. This person needs to be treated with care until we know for sure who it is.

5 minutes ago, deepix said:

Why would he need to create a new misspelt profile name. 

Because he's already / previously used the correctly spelt version and couldn't remember the log in details for previous accounts? :58674be766e2b_EmojiSmiley-16:

19 minutes ago, deepix said:

I need to wake up. Why would he need to create a new misspelt profile name. This person needs to be treated with care until we know for sure who it is.

I never stated one time that he should be treated otherwise. You need to read what is written rather than interpret your version of what I meant.

1 hour ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

Rolf-a-roo I thought you were ignoring me? :58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12: :58674bdeceb55_EmojiSmiley-03:

Do I know you?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I never stated one time that he should be treated otherwise. You need to read what is written rather than interpret your version of what I meant.

You too. I was agreeing with you.

1 minute ago, deepix said:

Oh, you were agreeing with me? I never saw that coming........................:58674be644c95_EmojiSmiley-14:

Nah can`t be me there is punctuation :58674beb3e9c9_EmojiSmiley-23: 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, deepix said:

9 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Oh, you were agreeing with me? I never saw that coming........................:58674be644c95_EmojiSmiley-14:

DOH :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01: :58674bdeceb55_EmojiSmiley-03: :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

Best wishes to  CottonNash.

I remember reading a while back that he had problems with his internet people and couldn't access his old account. Perhaps CottonNash could send David an email providing information connected to his old account and he could again  be given access to that account.

Gums had enough depth of character and history to come up with a feasible, credible handle rather than recycling an old i.d. spelled differently.

Those in the know will know, those who think they know will think they know when, in fact, they know very little of the truth.

Edited by Deeperwelt
1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Deeperwelt said:

Gums had enough depth of character and history to come up with a feasible, credible handle rather than recycling an old i.d. spelled differently.

Those in the know will know, those who think they know will think they know when, in fact, they know very little of the truth.

I've got it!

You are Donald Rumsfeld.

31 minutes ago, deepix said:

I've got it!

You are Donald Rumsfeld.

Good ol' 'Rummy'. I remember him well! He had a smile that he didn't want to make, and I wonder if he really meant it. I always liked him. DW is Rummy? I knew Rummy, and DW is no Rummy.......................

25 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Good ol' 'Rummy'. I remember him well! He had a smile that he didn't want to make, and I wonder if he really meant it. I always liked him. DW is Rummy? I knew Rummy, and DW is no Rummy.......

Sorry, it's just that his use of language looked familiar, the quote below is an example...

'There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.'

I did hope Deeperwelt could answer for himself.

1 hour ago, deepix said:

Sorry, it's just that his use of language looked familiar, the quote below is an example...

'There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.'

I did hope Deeperwelt could answer for himself.

Well, there are very few original thoughts left in this world. So he may have been thinking about Rummy's quotes when he wrote them.

Which is exactly why I wrote this:

DW is Rummy? I knew Rummy, and DW is no Rummy.......  

And if your inane post was for DW's eyes only, you should PM'ed him.

2 hours ago, rowlf said:

Well, there are very few original thoughts left in this world. So he may have been thinking about Rummy's quotes when he wrote them.

Which is exactly why I wrote this:

DW is Rummy? I knew Rummy, and DW is no Rummy.......  

And if your inane post was for DW's eyes only, you should PM'ed him.

Wow! You are judge and jury now. Have you considered applying for the post of moderator yourself?

58 minutes ago, deepix said:

Wow! You are judge and jury now. Have you considered applying for the post of moderator yourself?

Don't harangue me. I'm not the Boatman.