OpaqueJon

Open or closed shoes

8 posts in this topic

This may have been discussed before, but here goes.  There seems to be a fashion rule about closed toe shoes only when wearing hosiery.  I've seen few but not many instances where this is starting to be challenged.  What are the expert opinions, can one wear a non closed shoe when wearing hosiery.

As long as they are not reinforced toe I don't see why not. I even don't mind the reinforced toe in open shoes but that may just be me.

Hi

Have a look in my gallery, I wore open toe shoes to the races last year with contrast seamed hold ups.

Kate 

1 person likes this

Yes from me I have no issue either way really

Hello OpaqueJon and Welcome to Shq.  Your question has a great deal to do with Time and Grade and what it had to offer.  Time has to do with "When" a lady started wearing stockings.  Grade means, what woman has or had the gravel in her guts to pay no attention to fashion rules and do what she really wants or wanted to do.  We are talking real moxie here!  We are talking force of character, determination and nerve.  I don't listen to or care about the opinions of others whose opinions are not worth listening to. Fashion is one of them.  And if we bow to fashion and disregard our own desires just to "Fit In" we exist as door mats for other people.  We become people pleasers!  And we die inside!

We have lovely members here that enjoy wearing sheer stockings with closed or open heel and toe shoes.  That's their preference and it's a great look for that type of stockings girl.  They may be following fashion but the main thing is these girls wear stockings! They were introduced to stockings and what stockings had to offer when they started wearing them.  That's the time factor!  There are others, such as myself that were introduced to stockings  back in the 1950 or 1960 eras.  The types of gartered hosiery we had to choose from were fully fashioned seamed stockings and rh&t, or hosiery with  reinforced heel and toes.  Most women wore open heel and toe slingback high heels back then.  The heals were around three inches high and were easy to walk in.  History tell us that the look of seamed and rh&t's in the heels I described were known "Eye Catchers" for the male gender.  It was a type of magic that one can't duplicate with sheer hosiery.  When I'm out and about I watch the eyes of people who look at me.  The very first things they see are my shoes and feet because I'm in seams or rh&t with open heels and toe shoes.  That my new friend is very special.

The important thing is a Happy Stockings Girl/Woman, fashion or no fashion.  We must do what's best for us!  Hope this made some since!

2 people like this

Rules ?... Im unaware of any rules and as far as Im concerned they are too be broken.

I generally wear closed toe in the winter and open in the summer, for obvious reasons.

1 person likes this

Greetings there Opaque.

Particularly Susan and Flutterby have this down. 

The simple answer to your query has:

IF you have cares, concerns, interests about, in or with the Fashion Police

THEN don't dare wear hosiery with reinforcements with anything open toed or perish, a reinforced heel with exposure.

However...

IF you care to catch the eye of many a guy and perhaps a nod from a woman (both in the know)

THEN wear reinforcements as you would like.

One constant concerning fashions and mindless minions therein involved- all the "rules" will change on soon enough. Should you have the pluck to feel comfortable with yourself then be yourself, wear what you want because essentially  you will be who you are.  

Tipples, 

Dworkin

1 person likes this

On 3/26/2017 at 3:50 PM, Dworkin said:

Greetings there Opaque.

Particularly Susan and Flutterby have this down. 

The simple answer to your query has:

IF you have cares, concerns, interests about, in or with the Fashion Police

THEN don't dare wear hosiery with reinforcements with anything open toed or perish, a reinforced heel with exposure.

However...

IF you care to catch the eye of many a guy and perhaps a nod from a woman (both in the know)

THEN wear reinforcements as you would like.

One constant concerning fashions and mindless minions therein involved- all the "rules" will change on soon enough. Should you have the pluck to feel comfortable with yourself then be yourself, wear what you want because essentially  you will be who you are.  

Tipples, 

Dworkin

Atta Baby Ole Buddy!  You Hit The Nail On The Head!

1 person likes this