Sign in to follow this  
Sean77

Best Way To Wash Tights/stockings

10 posts in this topic

Hi

First post.

I have always washed tights in the sink i.e. sock them in there, but I want to wash them in the washing machine.

What is the best way to wash tights/stockings in the washing machine? shell I use a wash bag or still continue the way I have always done.

Any advice or tips will be very welcome.

Thank you and ill look forward in receiving replies.

Sean.

Always use a wash bag and set the machine to delicates   :)

If you are washing holdups then DON'T use a separate fabric softener or powder/liquid that contains softer as it makes the silicone holdup bands un sticky so they will slip down.

Edited by Rebbeka + Giggles

I have washed by hand..and still do at times depending on how many pair I am wanting washed. I would otherwise suggest as others before me have.....use a mesh wash bag and set washing to a delicate cycle with cold water.

Wolford sell a detergent especially for hoisery. I use that for hand washing sheer hoisery. After washing and a thorough rinse, I squeeze the water out then place them in a towel and wring them out to get most of the water out and air dry them. We spend a lot of money on these delicate items so for me, that extra bit of effort is worth while. The thicker denier go in a hoisery bag and in the washing machine with everything else. I've read that with a new pair, if you damp them under the tap and pop them in the freezer, tit strengthens the fibres. Any one done this? If so, have you noticed any difference?

Mrs Leighton washes hers on in the bath or shower, they dry quick & saves laddering taking off & putting back on again

I'm with Mrs Leighton - washed on in the shower/ bath then towel dried and hung up.