Sign in to follow this  
tights_jim_dundee

Tights Storage

17 posts in this topic

I thought i would start a thread on this.. it can apply to stockings as well...

I own a fair collection of tights and i generally wear a pair of them every day.

At night i put them in a hosiery bag and do the same everyday till the bag is full then i wash them.

i hang them up on a "clothes horse" until dry.

i then fold them in half so the legs match back to back and then roll them round my hand and store them in

tights balls :blink: ..

I place my tights in a drawer into there right place... i.e opaques at the back then patterened in front of them then sheers at the front with matching colours side by side....so i know where to find them..and when my wife has borrowed a pair :D

How do you store yours?

I use those plastic zip lock bags and write the brand, type, denier and size on them.

Then I put them in a drawer with separate spaces for stockings, tights, panties etc.

I also collect the cards from the packs in a file ;) I like the foto's on them :P

Well, mine are washed like Jim's, in hosiery bags, and then hung to dry.

After that, they get folded individually and placed in one of 4 plastic storage boxes:

1 for sheer tights and holdups

1 for sheer stockings

1 for black or brown opaque tights and holdups

1 for colourful opaques

Body stockings end up in the opaque boxes.

Only problem is that hosiery with no label becomes unidentifiable as to brand very quickly. I just have no space to store them with individual labels (I tried once, and the choice was "Label them" or "Have a larger selection". Guess which won!!)

I see what your saying Bev....... hence why i roll mine... take up far less room and you can pack them in the drawer :rolleyes: ..

Ah, but I have more shelf space available than drawer space, hence the stackable storage boxes!

My wife uses the grip seal bags which are used at the airports for putting toiletries in when going through security. Any grip seal bag would do I guess but these are a decent size (Free)and you could get 2 pairs in easily if you want. She sticks a label on one side with brand and colour shown.

I have three drawers and store them rolled up. The top and middle draw has best ones whether it be opaques or sheers, middle draw for stockings and the bottom draw is a mixture of both for everyday wear.

Love J/J

I have to keep my girly clothes and lingerie hidden and the shoes, i keep them behind the draws underneath my bed, i would love them to be more accessible

Mine go in ziplock sandwich bags (each in it's own bag) with labels on them for color, style etc.

David

My tights are usually so all mixed up, that sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for. :unsure:

Only wintertights have own box. My stockings have own place for every pair. After washing in bag

I put them to same place. Winter stockings are waiting in own box.

Vivi-Ann

I use those plastic zip lock bags and write the brand, type, denier and size on them.

Then I put them in a drawer with separate spaces for stockings, tights, panties etc.

I also collect the cards from the packs in a file ;) I like the foto's on them :P

I never though of doing that. Sounds like it would save on a lot of space too. I usually just fold them in half and then fold then a couple more times length wise and turn the waistband over them so they stay in a small square ball.

Steph 123

I have to keep my girly clothes and lingerie hidden and the shoes, i keep them behind the draws underneath my bed, i would love them to be more accessible

You know Isabella, I used to do about the same thing. I kept all my lingerie hidden away but I have been living on my own and it is soooo much nicer just using my closet and drawers in my dressers to hold all my silkies. Waaaay better. 8)

after washing in a laundry bag & dried each pair is folded, placed in a plastic bag and then rolled into a paper roll from inside a toilet roll. stockings in one draw and tights in another. the paper rolls all stand upright and side by side in each draw so they don`t use up to much space in the draw, and the paper toilet rolls are reused and not filling up the dustbin. :)

I keep all my black opaque tights in one drawer and the other colours in another. I use a hosiery bag to wash my tights.