sub_stockings_girl

Does Wearing A Slip Help To Hide Suspender Bumps?

31 posts in this topic

Contemplating wearing a slip in an effort to hide my suspender bumps. Anyone able to advise how successful this might be...

Contemplating wearing a slip in an effort to hide my suspender bumps. Anyone able to advise how successful this might be...

I would'nt know but I'm sure some of the ladies on here can advise you. x

If you want to conceal them a slip is an extremely sexy way of doing so!!!

In my honest opinion "The Slip" is a very understated and underrated garment in the glamour world!!!

KtF

J x

Must admit I quite like a Glimpse of suspender bump.

I know this for certain; tell my wife she has suspender bumps and that's the last you'd see.

But to answer the question, a slip does help to hide them.

I should have known the preference of the 'male' responses! I can understand your point of view.

My problem is that I would like wear stockings more, which will often mean wearing with a pencil skirt to work. I need to maintain a very professional appearance at all times, hence my question.

Hope to get some advice for the lovely ladies of this forum, please

I can see that would be very effective and I haven't ruled out getting the Rago one suggested by Elinor. I can't but think they remind me if my cycling shorts!

As others have hinted the slip approach (whilst perhaps not as effective) will be more glamourous... What is a girl to do? Try both and see how I get on I suppose.

Thanks all for your comments and advice, always appreciated

X

On just a few occasions back in my 1950s youth I came across a girl who wore her girdle inside-out so that the flatter side of her suspenders was "outside" and would not show as easily through her skirt.  Of course, all girls then wore petticoats/slips - but not to hide suspender bumps.  The inside-out method worked with pull-on girdles and belts but a girlfriend (to whom I suggested this trick) pointed out that it would not be easy to do with the hooked and zipped girdles she wore.

Nobody bothered much about showing suspender bumps in those days anyway!

may i ask is there a difference in a lined skirt and a slip ?

Hi Sub-Stockings-Girl:

Yes, a slip does help to hide suspender bumps. I wear gartered stockings everyday to work so except in the hottest weather, a slip is always part of my attire when I wear a skirt or dress.

However, I also choose my foundations to minimize suspender bumps. I only wear a garter belt or OBG under an A-line dress or skirt. Under pencil skirts or slacks, I always wear a LLPG with hidden garters. I've been following these rules since I was a teenager in the 1960s.

No visible suspender bumps for this gal!

Karen

Thank you Karen for those words of wisdom and experience. Despite my initial reservations about a LLPG I am going to track one down and give it a try. At least then I have the choice when wearing a pencil skirt or wiggle dress. I already have a couple of satin slips on order so hopefully I will get to try those next week.

Thanks again for your knowledgable advice.

SSG

Xx

Apologies if this seems a naughty question which should not be asked, but could you not wear the LLPG with one of the satin slips even if it is just for comfort?

I find a really simple solution is to wear a patterned skirt or dress rather than a plain one, the outline of the bump is 'broken up' and much harder to see. This works with pencil skirts too...at least it does for me.

Hi Robbies:

Yes, I generally wear a slip no matter which style of girdle I'm wearing.

And the patterned skirt mentioned by ECcouple is also a great way to hide bumps.

Karen

Ok so i now have both a slip and a llpg. Going to give the latter a go tomorrow.

Embrace the bumps, don't disguise them ladies!! ;)

It's only us fellas with 'a well trained eye' who will admire them / know what they are all about!! ;)

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I typically wear plain skirts or dresses for work, but I know patterns do help a lot.

First experiences of the llpg were a bit strange. It totally worked and gave me a great shape, boosting my confidence too. Still feels like I'm wearing cycling shorts but I'm sure in time that will change. The small prices we pay for a touch of glamour...

A slip should be a must under an unlined skirt or dress. It smooths everything out.

You can still find slips?? i still have a couple, but guard them jealously...

I find my rago 1365 OBGs quite smooth - they're pull on not zip. The wider the strap the smoother it is as well.

As i am collared, does your Dom restrict your choices? Should you not run these ideas past Him first, rather than transgress your code?

I like my Rago llpg for that reason. The garters are a little lighter weight than my OBG's.