David@SHQ

A Note On Forum Moderation

201 posts in this topic

The trademark verbosity and a querying nature regarding your duck dynasty could be construed by some as the return of a weary traveller.

As always in these parts, proving it either way would be virtually impossible... Especially as Ron reported the demise of that supposed character some time ago in a touching epitaph in the Beaver County Times :(

Looking at all the evidence, I don't know what to think???

Well I hope it is DW returned, but if it is, you'll know who didn't get my vote for Sport's personality of the year. ;)

By the way, why was the Confused thread locked? (question to anybody, not DerW specifically)

Well I hope it is DW returned, but if it is, you'll know who didn't get my vote for Sport's personality of the year. ;)

By the way, why was the Confused thread locked? (question to anybody, not DerW specifically)

mel, you know the reason for that. After all, you the smallest smartest member on the forum, (well, at least you think are!)

Tim Henhouse or top breaststroker Adrian Moorman... Depending on how the wind's blowing?!

No, I really don't know the reason for it - the last post on there seemed good humoured enough. :unsure:

Tim Henhouse or top breaststroker Adrian Moorman... Depending on how the wind's blowing?!

You're not Deepwelt. ;)

No, I really don't know the reason for it - the last post on there seemed good humoured enough. :unsure:

melmoth, you know how mk feels about religion................I could see it coming.

melmoth, you know how mk feels about religion................I could see it coming.

I know but his last post seemed in good spirits.

Shame this thread couldn't have been locked against comments and those wishing to support David and SHQ do so by private message, positive involvement and purchases from the 'shop'.

You're not Deepwelt. ;)

Indeed not sir, I am Deeperwelt, the clue's in the name.

I'm new to these parts and am dumbfounded that people are regarding me as some kind of resurrection. Of whom, I know not, but he, or she, must have cut quite a swathe down in this here basement.

Apologies if I've disappointed you, sir :(

Apologies if I've disappointed you, sir :(

Not at all, I welcome new contributors and returning gladiators alike.

I know but his last post seemed in good spirits.

I know, but one must be careful of an old man such as he. I know that I am with bated breath when in his presence. :D

Jings! I may be new here, but the internal machinations are a spectacle to behold.

Jings! I may be new here, but the internal machinations are a spectacle to behold.

'New' may be just a relative term, bunky. However newbie, just pay attention and watch how the 'forum legends' meander their ways through the maze that exists just below the monitor. It will absolutely blow your mind...........as it has mine many times in the past. One could say that I'm overblown. :rolleyes:

The legends appear to be keepers of many secrets and mysteries in a society awash with unknowns, uncertainties and underpinnings.

I fear such environs may be unbecoming for an unsuspecting young upstart who should treat such doyens with the respect and diffidence befitting his station at the foot of the social pile.

The legends appear to be keepers of many secrets and mysteries in a society awash with unknowns, uncertainties and underpinnings.

I fear such environs may be unbecoming for an unsuspecting young upstart who should treat such doyens with the respect and diffidence befitting his station at the foot of the social pile.

Yaw, tis true......the upper echelon is exactly as you describe it.

However, as you seem to possess 'true grit' for a man of your gentle years, I suspect that you are equal to, nay, your abilities are sufficient to exceed the efforts of the so-called 'doyens'. (I like that word) that would attempt to keep you down. The only foot you will need kneel to (if you're lucky) is the diaphanous nylon embraced foot offered for your approval by a nubile perfumed lady with raven hair...............disrespect and diffidence be damned!

I like the sound of this diaphanous foot.

Wouldn't happen to be one of your cuties out on manoeuvres by any chance... Would it?

"Some have used the word "ilk" as a suitable alternative to "doyens"... 

Aye! Sez you from the nether regions of the world!

Doyens??? Consarn it! I went to type DOZENS on account of there being so many of them.

My vocableary don't run to such loquacity... or worms to that effect.

I thought you didn't look stuff up, that it came from deep within. Like your duodenum or something.

Penny, there's two terribly things wrong with your post. First, 'you thought'! Secondly, some things should be looked up for meaning and clarity.

However, I had forgotten I had a duodenum. I thought only wimmen possessed these things! Thank you for that insight. I'm happy that your extensive edycashun finally came to fruition. :)

It's akin to Two dangly things, but geographically further away from the duodenum.

Talking to Penny is somewhat like peeing in the wind. Any gurl with his edycashun should realize that 'wimmin' is plural, and the prefix 'duo' means two. Even a visually impaired dude could figger this one out!

Can't we just call it a 'freudian  slip', and just forgetaboutit? :lol:

Isn't a Freudian slip a type of psychiatric undergarment?

Yes, my father used to wear one. Oops, I meant mother.

Yes, my father used to wear one. Oops, I meant mother.

Hmm.......maybe they both did, and you're just following a 'family tradition'? :lol:

Mr Moth, although we aren't acquainted, may I posit that statement was more akin to a Fraudulent slip as opposed to one of the Freudian variety?

Thank you, and apologies in advance if I have caused any offence.

Don't fret Tractor boy it is occupying none of my mind space. Pretty much like most of your posts to be fair.

Hmm......sounds like you have a severe case of 'tractor envy', if you ask me....... :P As for your 'mind space' one could possibly run a cat scan and notice a 'vacancy' sign thereabouts............. :lol:

Mr Moth, although we aren't acquainted, may I posit that statement was more akin to a Fraudulent slip as opposed to one of the Freudian variety?

Thank you, and apologies in advance if I have caused any offence.

Much too deep.........err...........welt.............!

Hmm......sounds like you have a severe case of 'tractor envy', if you ask me....... :P As for your 'mind space' one could possibly run a cat scan and notice a 'vacancy' sign thereabouts............. :lol:

Cat scan? Can anyone get a job in the American care sector these days?

What next I wonder? Ferrets carrying out biopsies...???

Much too deep.........err...........welt.............!

Thank you. I may be new to these darkened recesses, but I am trying.

Rather like a Nittany lion performing a colonoscopy.

Joining in is not compulsory, nor is it in the spirit of this topic.[/]

Humor is lost on you.

Only when it doesn't stink.

Can we not have all the Merry Xams topics merged, it's somewhat boring seeing them all clogging up the latest posts.

I didn't realise it was the xams season, must get on with my revision.

can't we all just get along?
Rodney King

Armageddon!