redduke6

Seams In Or Out

45 posts in this topic

Wife asked and I wasn't sure. With FFNs, is the seam itself on the inside or the outside when she puts them on. I assumed inside but figured I'd ask.

It doesn't really matter but i wear it on the outside.

I think that the marketing people want to see seams on the inside. Take a look at the packet and that should give us all a clue.

Inside ,I'd say, although, I did once wear one in and one out, but I only noticed when I took them off...it made me giggle! Thankfully, to my knowledge, I was the only one who seemed to notice...phew!

Lisa x

I liked a bold seam, don't mean a wide one but one that "stood out" luckily my wife felt the same so it was outside for her, at least on genuine nylons, some of the fake ff's had stitching around the foot reinforcing which looked false

Seams in for me too, but I have also heard about wearing one in and one out (like Lisa x did) and have been told it makes real FFNs feel even more silky smooth.  I never seam ;)  to think about this when I have then on, so I've never tried them that way.  Might be worth a try just to see.  Anyone else ever heard of this?

XOXO, Jessie

I am a bit fussy about details like this so I would normally wear stockings with the seam out just because I think it looks better.   However, I have worn one in and one out before and when I found out I just had to nip to the loo to put right the offending stocking.

My husband tells me that like this it makes for a better shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sophisticatedstockings/17151929688/in/dateposted-public/

Mrs Sucker prefers to wear her FFNs with the seam on the inside, as they come out of the packet, whereas I prefer the seams to be on the outside as it tends to emphasize the seams more.

So we have reached a happy medium whereby she wears them with the seam on the inside from the packet and when she takes them off pulls the welts over her feet so the seams are on the outside. This is how she then wears them next time. Then when taking them off she pulls the welt over her feet so the seams are on the inside again.

But in reality I'm just happy that she wears stockings every day - for herself more than me.

Mrs JS wears the seams on the outside - personally I think it looks better as the seams stand out more as Sophi said earlier.

Regards

John S

Hi All:

I always pull new FFNs inside out before putting them on to put the seam on the outside. That was how my mother did it back in the 1950s and how I've always preferred to wear them. For me, it's a matter of comfort. When I've tried wearing seams on the inside, I feel the seam on the bottom of my foot more and I don't like the "seam tattoo" that appears on the backs of my legs.

That being said, as a little girl in the 1950s who was very observant of such details, I remember seeing them being worn both ways. So I don't think one or the other way is correct, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Karen

Marge very rarely wears seams and she agrees with you linda...the way they come out of the packet just like rhts.

I think that seams should be on inside to give a smooth leg.

If it is on outside, the seam can snag on sharp objects and cause runs,  

Inside is definitely the desired look. However, I did see a Lady one day, with very shapely legs, walking along the High St with seems out.

My God, it was well sexy !

That 3D look was sensational.

It enhanced the leg even more, as if it needed it ?

D.D

Always inside, just like they come from the package.

I like to wear my seams out.  It gives a three dimensional look.  And it's finger tip smart.  A small alignment to center a seam is easy when you can "Pick Up" the seam and move it over a bit.  This is a stronger area of the stocking so to pinch it, raise it up and tug it over a bit will not hurt it.  This is very difficult with the seam on the inside.  A pair of helping hands such as those of a husband certainly come in handy when doing this.  My husband always helps me look Tip Top!  Just like the magazine, from the Tips of the Toes to the Tops of the Hose.  Remember that you older timers?

Susan

I like to wear my seams out.  It gives a three dimensional look.  And it's finger tip smart.  A small alignment to center a seam is easy when you can "Pick Up" the seam and move it over a bit.  This is a stronger area of the stocking so to pinch it, raise it up and tug it over a bit will not hurt it.  This is very difficult with the seam on the inside.  A pair of helping hands such as those of a husband certainly come in handy when doing this.  My husband always helps me look Tip Top!  Just like the magazine, from the Tips of the Toes to the Tops of the Hose.  Remember that you older timers?

Susan

What a great tip about realigning the seam!! ;) I shall pass that on to Mrs SA!! :D

They come out the packet inside, but I guess it doesnt really matter,

On the outside they do feel incredibly sexy to the touch.

SusyQ

xxx

I have to admit I always thought they were intended to be worn seams on the outside. I bought my wife a pair of agent provocateur seams with their trade mark logo on the stocking tops. If the seams were worn inside the logo would of course be read back to front.

I think that seams should be on inside to give a smooth leg.

If it is on outside, the seam can snag on sharp objects and cause runs,  

Definately a criminal act to damage stockings of any kind :)

Doesn't matter with tights leggings or jeggings

Said it earlier..inside...l only wear seams now and again but you wear stockings as they come out of the packet...when l wear rhts and l take them out of the packet do l turn them inside out...no..so why turn seamed stockings inside out..to be honest its common sense...love marge.

Only the other day I was sat with my hands on my knees and thought 'there is something wrong here' . One stocking felt dead smooth if I ran my hand up and down, and the other was smoothest side to side. Had I got two different brands mixed up?

No like Lisa, I had one inside out! So which one? In my opinion the one that felt the smoothest vertically, seam in, that's the way they always come in the packet, but who am I to say what is right or wrong.

Variety is the spice of life, so if it pleases you (or who you are trying to please/tease) go for it, what a boring world if we all had the same opinion. You never know, some of us in the right circumstances, (head down) might even like tights!

I've always assumed that the seam should be on the inside as per how they are supplied - it never occurred to me to wear them with the seam on the outside - what a sheltered life I've led!

On the inside more difficult to keep straight

Outside more significant on the eye to those looking and easier to keep straight so outside for me

I would presume that the manufacturers would make and pack the FF stockings the way they expect them to be worn,

I would wear them as they come.