garterbiker

Canada

80 posts in this topic

I asked the question about a shoe source in Canada, and meant to follow up with the answer I found, but didn't. Well they say it's better late than never, so here's what I found.

http://pleaser-shoes.lovedreamer.com/

Turned out to be a positive experience. First pair I ordered (Size 12) were simply too dang tight...no way were they going to "break in" or even be possible to wear. I live an hour plus (with good traffic :lol:) from their outlet in Toronto, so I decided to drive there and make the exchange in person. They didn't have a pair of size 13 in stock, but said they'd happily order a pair for me and ship to my home if I would simply pay the postage. I agreed, and a couple of weeks later, had my new pair. :) Total cost in my case, was just under 50 bucks. Staff were knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. I was dressed in normal "guy" mode.

PM me if you want more detailed info about the shoes.

Hello, dont know if somebody reads this , but I swear I saw many times ladies wearing stockings walking on the sidewalk as I was driving in Ottawa and in Toronto.I saw once in Toronto in a bank branch in Gerrard Mall one of the clerks was wearing black wery thin stockings with skirt and high heels,was an asian chick.I couldnt believe my eyes.Then a few times in Ottawa when I was driving by I saw women on the sidewalk that were wearing pantyhose or stockings cant really tell because i was driving.Last time I saw these 3 ladies on Gladstone ave. in Ottawa,That was last week of january 2014.It was snowy, and as I was driving west I think around bank st. and gladstone, I saw these 3 ladies comming out of a building and trying to get in a car, They were wearing stockings and high heels and were stepping very carefully because it was slippery and snowy.I slowed down, just to take a better look while there waere no cars behind me and I couldnt believe my eyes. One of the ladies was wearing black very sheer hosiery and high heels the color I dont remember.The other two were also wearing some sort of hosiery but I was focusted on the one with the black nylons  because they were so sheer I think she was wearing stockings not pantyhose.

Had an incredible sighting involving true FF stockings in Toronto last weekend. :)

I'll agree that in cities like Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, you will see hosiery and heels in the business districts somewhat frequently. As a rule however, what you'll see is pantyhose, not stockings. Outside those business districts, and in the smaller towns and communities, even pantyhose is seen infrequently, and stockings hardly ever, if at all. :(

Any ladies in the St Catherines/Niagara area?

If you mean have I seen any ladies in that area wearing stockings...not for a very long time. :( Then again, I'm retired and don't frequent the downtown/business area. Did attend a rather large reception/social function recently, where the ladies wore someting other than jeans, leggings, and sweats. Sad to say didn't see anything other than PH or bare legs. :mellow:

Sorry I should have clarified that Was wondering if there were any ladies that were wearing My mistake

Apparently there aren't anyway Was just a bit of a shot in the dark

As a life long resident of the area, all I can say is...sad, isn't it.

I used to know a young lady from St Catherines many moons ago who always wore so they are out there just hard to find!

Depending on how many moons ago we're talking about, that may have been my wife in her younger days. :wub:

Well I would guess said lady would be in her early forties now

If only that were true. You'll need to add more moons than that. :lol:

Well she hasn't worn for many moons. Most likely we're both disappointed.

Isn't that just the truth Unfortunately they are a rarely seen item in this house

Are there any ladies that are wearing sheer nylons on a daily basis on this forum from Ottawa or Toronto areas ?

It's May already but the weather is still cold, and I keep seeing ladies in heels and hose while driving around , wondered if any of them in this form and care to chat ? hope it doesn't warm up soon  :) .

Thought I'd put a little life back into this thread. :)  Fellow Canuck from the Niagara Region in Ontario here. Lived here all my life, and am retired now. I assure you that decades ago, sightings of stockings took place throughout the day, every day here. :D  These days, sightings are extremely rare indeed, whether at the office, the night club, weddings, wherever.  :mellow: Hard to even find them in the stores. When you do, quality, style, size, colour, are limited to say the least.

good for you seamsnatural to get this thread going again...

we love the Niagara region and are there 2-3 times a year...perhaps a mutual sighting or coffee even!

i have worn only stockings (belt or stayups) since i married (you might guess from the lower case i). you're right, the selection in the shops here in Canada and the US is awful. Thank goodness hubby travels to Europe on business...so i am spoiled.

i work as an office manager in a commercial legal/realestate firm (one would have called it the typing pool in the 60s) - i currently have seven girls - five wear stayups at least some of the time and two i know wear garters socially.

i find part of the problem is education - a lot of girls think stockings are problematic - and the silly little four straps certainly are! if a gf/acquaintance shows any interest i steer them to a good six strap right away and good online sites for hose. Sadly some people do react to the silicone used in most stayups but i like the variety and some outfits would show far too much bump for the office, still i wear stockings/belt/obg about 50% of the time.

xo to you all

Considering the population of our country, and that this thread is barely 2 pages long, it looks (at least to me) like I failed to restart anything of significance canuckcouple. Good that you contributed though, and I certainly agree with your "education" comment. Kudos to your hubby for spoiling you with gifts from Europe, and to you for wearing stockings and hold ups.  

Funny that you posted here when you did. The wife and I had a bit of conversation at breakfast this morning, and she indicated she may just start wearing again herself. Very encouraged by her comments considering she started the conversation without any prompting or reference to stockings from me. It would be wonderful to see her wear again. :wub:

Like yourself, I continue to wear both stay ups and stockings as I please, but considering I'm male, that's a bit of another story for most people. :o  :lol:

Based on what I see at social events, or the local Sears or Bay stores, you may well be the only woman in Niagara wearing when you visit.

Thanks for putting a little life back into this thread, and for continuing to fly the stocking banner so to speak. :)

I just noticed this thread has over 12,000 views, but only 60 posts. :huh: Talk about a silent majority. :lol: Surely us Canucks can do better than that. :)

C'mon gang...we have a well earned reputation in the international community for being warm and friendly people. I realize wearing stockings isn't the most common thing throughout our country, but surely we can enjoy some lively discussions about stockings. There are so many stocking related subjects we could talk about.

Speak up Canada. :)

Great set of pics, and a great pair of legs. :) Thanks for sharing, and for putting a little life into this thread.

Curious to know if Ms SLF purchases her stockings online, or in person at a local outlet. Regrettably, not much choice in the stores here in Niagara.

Welcome justluvnylons. :) I share the thoughts you express in your profile. Nice avatar, great legs.

I'll be the relatively quiet minority of Canadians that wears - ahem - pantyhose. I do wear stockings from time to time, but find myself wearing pantyhose more regularly, and find too, that most of my friends wear pantyhose moreso as well in the office and casually. Why? I honestly cannot answer that question, but I must say that as I hear a lot of women here on this site touting the problems attributed with wearing pantyhose, I don't find wearing them terribly problematic. I've found wearing stockings brings about actually a shadier side of women in the workplace if you wear stockings to work - i.e. I have been seen/said to be a hussy/slut/easy/etc. for wearing something as 'provocative' as stockings.Really?! what times are we living in?! But I surrender to that line of thinking and find myself wearing stockings only in the privacy of home & non-work related activity.

On a side note. I didn't think there were that many Canadians here on this site - usually very few whenever going into chat or forums.

Love to hear from any of you!

Take Care! xxooxx 

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that there is at least my wife who is wearing RHT stockings each time we go out and we live in Quebec City. She also wears stay ups at work but recently wore stockings at work with a good quality 6 strap black garter belt. She asked me to purchase a beige and white one as well. So I guess she is about to wear them on a regular basis like she did once lately ;) Stockings for daily use so no RHT. Which is fine! Over the past 10 years together I happened to introduce her to the awesome look the 100% non stretch stockings on the legs. She was a bit reluctant to wear them outside at first but after a few times it became a must each time we went out. She acknowledge the beautiful look of her legs each time she wears them. She never liked to wear pantyhose anyway. I know I'm lucky and appreciate it everytiime :) I will share you some picture when I find out how to attach them!

alors tu es tres chanceux Cervin QC d'avoir une femme comme la tienne.. Bravo et je suis jaloux lolll

Thank you sir...as you suggest, I did enjoy. :)

Your wife looks fabulous in that wrap dress. You're a lucky man indeed. Kudos for educating her the way you have, and to her for being willing to try, then wearing with such style and grace.

Thanks for posting, and helping bring this thread to life. :D   

It's great to see more Canadians wearing stockings! Now would any of you like to relocate to Vancouver, or at the very least come for a visit? ;) hee hee

Greetings from the capital ,a genuine wearing lady on regular basis 5 days a week here, beleive it or not :)

...well with the winter knocking on the door I guess won't be that many days till spring comes,

Merry Christmas to all, and keep your stockings stuffed ladies :)

I offer to buy any lady in Ottawa area a pair of FF or Rh&t stockings and a garter belt only if she promises to wear on daily basis when going out. If interested send me a link with your choice and I will ship it as a gift. Women should start wearing real stockings with longer dresses again and something needs to be done to encourage that.