HelenT

Silky Smooth Tights

6 posts in this topic

I'm hoping the aficionados of this site can offer some advice. I've been on the lookout for some tights that have that gorgeous slippery smooth finish. I've looked through the topics and no one has really touched on this. I've had the Platino Clean Cut 15s and they are perfect but there has been a corporate glitch and they have temporarily ceased manufacture and although there are items available on eBay, they are selling for silly money. So I find myself trying different brands that don't quite measure up. I'm therefore seeking your help in finding a substitute. The specification is that when I cross my legs, they just glide, nice and slippery. Any denier. I've tried the Wolford range, Satin Touch, Neon 40 etc and not found sanctuary. Mona Dalia 15 denier are pretty good and Cecilia de Rafael are lovely but I would really appreciate your knowledge and guidance in the hope that I might find the holy grail that was Platino Cleancut 15.

Nikki, I'm afraid there is no substitute for the Platinos. None. If you want to try stockings, I've found Gio to be very nice but the world has yet to invent anything that rivals the Cleancut. My wife feels the same about them.

Sorry my only experience is with Wolford and you've already tried those. Good luck in your search.

Helen

Watch out for the sizing. Size IV are for the taller girls wheras the size V are for the shorter but more curvatious. They are sensational if you can buy at a reasonable price.

I purchased another pair of Marks & Spencer Silky Soft 40 denier from their Autograph range. At £6 they are excellent, feel and look fantastic. Semi opaque with a lovely shine, slippery smooth and they last very well. I recommend them highly. If you have any personal recommendations please let us know.