joe50

Knowing Your Tops Are Going To Show.

82 posts in this topic

Ladies, if you are going out to dinner or clubbing do you ever go out knowing your tops are going to show???

3 people like this

I know they will be seen at some time during the evening. No point in wearing, if nobody knows!

12 people like this

nice to see if skirt above knee  etc, but with my job at a store entrance I see some weird sights, as you can probably imagine, and some older  ladies wear there skirts below the knee but with holdups just above the knee and have a split at back skirt, so they show,and you can see the thigh,  but to be honest they look like they are about to fall down, that does'nt look good or sexy  at all, and had a lady a few weeks back with her skirt 3-4" above her knees, and her tights gusset was showing below her skirt..really sexy NOT

3 people like this

The only way my tops would show would be if I did so on purpose or fell down.  I don't go clubbing but enjoy the opera etc and I attempt to maintain a lady like character.  That's retro type attitude and manners.  That's just me though.

Susan

16 people like this

I agree with Susan and seeing stocking welts on display when someone is walking reminds me of the youngsters fashion of wearing their trousers around their thighs with their pants (underpants for the rest of the world) on display.  

It is not a good look at all and gives genuine stocking wearers a bad image, and gives some men the wrong idea. 

8 people like this

like previous answer i am sure they will get seen at some point by someone but if out clubbing etc i tend not to wear them. if going out other times for nights out, possible they will get seen.

3 people like this

I remember when I was in high school my boyfriend (Now Husband Of 43 Years) would walk me to the park and swing me on the big swings.  He'd get me going really high and my skirt would fly nearly to my face and everything under my skirt was on display.  He never did that with other people hanging around and I never stopped him so I guess I'm a bit guilty of exposing my tops and hardware.

We had a group of girls, all black stocking wearing, ratted hair and runs in their nylons that would "Moon" during lunch time.  Mooning was hanging ones bare bottom out the window of a moving car as it passed in front of school for hundreds of kids and teachers to see.  Their stockings tops were on display also and what a site that was.  No, I never did that! :blink: 

Long_Legs,  I did not know the kids in London did that pants hanging down below ass cheeks routine also. One morning a fifth grader came into my cafeteria and was standing in line like that for breakfast. One of the aids came up to me and told me.  I went to this kid who I knew very well and he knows very well that it's grounds for suspension to wear his pants like that.  I told him to pull them up! He snickered so I said, "You a punk boy, you know you go to Juvvie and some Homie gonna make you his sissy"  In other words boys in Juvenile detention lockup who wear their pants like that are advertising that they are gay and want attention.  I know I could have got myself in hot water but that boy never wore his pants like that again.  I wonder if the London boys know that?

I'd better get back on topic!  No, I don't flash my stockings tops!

Susan

4 people like this

The only way my tops would show would be if I did so on purpose or fell down.  I don't go clubbing but enjoy the opera etc and I attempt to maintain a lady like character.  That's retro type attitude and manners.  That's just me though.

Susan

There wasn't a doubt in my mind that you would say just that! :)

Or a tattoo on your bum Linda :)

But yes, exactly right. I regularly see girls around town  in, say, shorts, with tights, exposing far more thigh than is visible when my lace tops are on show, and yet if your exposed thigh has a lace  top or welt visible its somehow more scandalous than exposing more thigh covered in nylon. 

I don't understand the logic, but hey, that doesn't detract from the frisson :) 

C xx

With Mrs B, her opinion is if it happens, it happens.  She has some short dresses and skirts that look just about ok when standing but will tend to show when she sits down.  But there are times when she has sat down for quite a while and moved around that her skirt has ridden up and exposed quite a lot and she has just accepted that that is a hazard of wearing short skirts and just left it showing.  Better to see it accidently rather than deliberately.

It makes us laugh when we do go out and see a lady wearing a very short outfit and clearly stockings, and then spends all evening feeling uncomfortable as they continually pull down their outfit to stop their tops showing.

<Better to see it accidently rather than deliberately>

Really? lol. Maybe better to see it deliberately so it looks accidental :)

In my experience, most men wouldn't know a deliberate flash unless you looked right at them with your skirt hitched up around your waist

<It makes us laugh when we do go out and see a lady wearing a very short outfit and clearly stockings, and then spends all evening feeling uncomfortable as they continually pull down their poutfit to stop their tops showing>

Agree that does look amusing...definitely indicates a girl who doesn't know how she looks, so what else has she got wrong?  Much better to be confident in how you look...you'll never please everyone, but you have to startby pleasing yourself 

2 people like this

i agree with caroline and david about the short skirts. same with cleavage. I am well blessed but if i wear a low or very low top i expect them to be looked at, same as smaller boobed women.  Witht he short skirts if they dont want the tops on show with minis, wear tights or go bare legged.

I have done the accidental flash which can be fun ;)

Hanes i had similar experiences when i was a teenager with a bf in the park. But found older men more subtle in their ways which i loved

2 people like this

And something else I thought of today.  Walk around any high street or shopping mall, and you will see loads of bra straps, particularly with cut away t shirts or tops that leave the shoulders exposed. No one bats an eyelid. But if your stocking tops are on show, it's a scandal. What's the difference, really??

NO IT ISN'T!!! Come on girls, reclaim the welt!! lol 

C xx

1 person likes this

My new girlfriend Kim and I were in an Irish pub on Saturday night. She deliberately showed her stocking top. A fellow who had just purchased two beers almost dropped them, in surprize, as he caught a glimpse!

5 people like this

My new girlfriend Kim and I were in an Irish pub on Saturday night. She deliberately showed her stocking top. A fellow who had just purchased two beers almost dropped them, in surprize, as he caught a glimpse!

Go Kim!!! That's the spirit!!!

C xx

2 people like this

it was quite rare that my ex didn't show her tops. sometimes even a glimpse of her knickers.

always got a positive response

1 person likes this

Hello All:

I never show my tops on purpose, but it occurred to me that around 1968, visible stocking tops were a common sight and were almost as acceptable as visible bra straps are today. This was right before pantyhose took over in a big way. Hemlines had risen quite high and most of us were still "toughing it out" with gartered stockings.

My mom went to great lengths to ensure that my stocking tops were never on show. She bought me Hanes Walking Sheers in the tall length because I was already at my adult height of 5'-8". And my skirts were always a little longer than I would have liked. But some of the girls in my class simply didn't care. It was not unusual at that time to see a girl's shadow welt when she was standing. The whole welt was often on display when they walked, and when they sat down...well, that's best left to the imagination.

The boys must have loved it but it was a fleeting situation. By fall 1968, many girls started switching to pantyhose, and by spring 1969, the transition was all but complete. I held out a bit longer, but finally made the switch in fall 1969.

Karen

1 person likes this

I always appreciate an "accidental" glimpse, raises my morale no end and puts a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

If I saw it all the time, it would be "normal" i.e. bra straps

2 people like this

Karen, I remember the 1968ish times as I was in school at the time. And you are right a stocking top was as common as a bra strap today. A daily sight in school or out in public was the view of a woman's stocking top that was so common. And many different tops were on display as you said, walking, sitting, on the stairs, getting in cars etc. I think the men today too young to have grown up in that period could ever imagine the amount of daily stocking tops on show back then.

I have no problem letting a glimpse of top show. I wear my skirts long enough so when i stand you cannot see them , but sitting is another story. No one seems to mind and i have had fellow females tell me they like my spirit

3 people like this

from a male perspective its always amazing to catch a glimpse let alone any conformation of a lady wearing. and believe me these sightings are extremely few and far between! but if some females feel so self concious about giving an unintentional flash, do all us males and yourself a massive favour,stop bleating and go out and get a pair of tights, job done, amazing to think the very same female would walk down a foreign beach wearing a bikini that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination without batting an eyelid!

the mind boggles....

In my experience, if a top is on show, it isn't accidental.

It's actually pretty easy to keep them under wraps :)

Not as much fun though

C xx

2 people like this

from a male perspective its always amazing to catch a glimpse let alone any conformation of a lady wearing. and believe me these sightings are extremely few and far between! but if some females feel so self concious about giving an unintentional flash, do all us males and yourself a massive favour,stop bleating and go out and get a pair of tights, job done, amazing to think the very same female would walk down a foreign beach wearing a bikini that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination without batting an eyelid!

the mind boggles....

A very good point.

The look I always find amusing is the constant hem-tugging to avoid an accidental flash.

Either let em show, or learn what to wear, darling lol

C xx

1 person likes this

Not knowing really - but don't mind if they do show ........

2 people like this

I like to see the welt just show when sitting maybe or even better, see the cuban heel and seams and hopefully the tell tale wrinkles near the curve of the ankle so confirm that they are stockings. I need nothing more.

I too cannot understand women who wear a really slinky sexy wrap over dress then spend the whole evening holding the wrap together! What THAT about? Don't wear a wrap over skirt unless you want it to open - wear a pencil skirt.

I find the bra strap showing and the hint of lace at the cleavage pretty intoxicating personally, although not of course as much as the incredible suspender bumps being evident - that's just man heaven!!!!

Just my thoughts

Dave :)

MRs Rapid knows they are on show, as she found out at my works do. One fell down she wears holdups only. She did a hasty retreat to put back up. On third time she took them of as they were coming down in middle of dance floor.

I told my wife to get out of cars ,walk, sit or lounge as you would wearing anything else. If they show who cares, that's supposed to be the appeal. I  don't think any one will come up to her and say. Hey can you pull your dress down, your offending me? It's like they say, say something nice or don't say anything at all. After all, they are just long socks, theyre just thin and sexy! Think about how much cleavage you see in a year. No body has an issue with that, I certainly don't. Women's bodies are more appealing than men's with out a doubt. Why not admire them.

Ladies, if you are going out to dinner or clubbing do you ever go out knowing your tops are going to show???

Hosiery is a key part of being fashionably dressed and, if I'm flashing, so what?

The reasons I wear stockings are myriad and I'm far too old to change a habit of a lifetime, or frankly, give a damn :)

2 people like this

Have to admit, I like to show my stockings tops at least a few times when we go out on the weekend.  My husband loves it when I do it, and I have to admit to being a little bit of an exhibitionist.  Fun for me.

3 people like this

I will always ask my wife to wear stockings and sexy clothes to go out because it turns me on.If she agrees, which is usually the case,then obviously she is going to flash her stocking tops from time to time.She will do it discreetly and tastefully and although she is not an exhibitionist,she knows that I get turned on the most when other men also catch a glimpse.My favourite is when she wears a button through dress with a few of the buttons undone and if I'm lucky a few more by the end of the evening helped open by my wandering hands.A nice flash of lace tops now and again is quite natural and surely that's what they are there for.

1 person likes this

Being a regular stocking wearer there will always be a time when you accidentally flash ! Sometime more than once !! X Sue

3 people like this

Well due to W's penchant for me flashing, it's a rare occasion if we are out together and someone doesn't get a glimpse of stocking top and strap. If I'm at work, or out on my own then a glimpse would be less likely. My skirts and dresses are usually knee length or longer and unless they are button through or wrap over then a glimpse on my own is unlikely.

We were at the supermarket one day and I was wearing. Button through denim skirt, he was chatting lots and I was completely unaware that he had unbuttoned virtually every one apart from the top two! For about 10 minutes I wandered about giving a show of stocking top with every step, and occasionally more. When I realised, I was mortified (Or pretended to be at least) later on I admitted I knew and was in just a naughty enough mood to carry on. Was a great night in bed!

2 people like this

Normally when I am wearing stockings I don't go out to deliberately flash although I know I my husband will ask me to for him if the there is an opportunity.  I only ever wear fully fashioned and I prefer to wear my stockings long because often I am wearing shorter skirts or dresses for both work or pleasure.  Besides which if I do flash accidentely or otherwise, I may flash more than just my stocking tops :blush:

4 people like this

Normally when I am wearing stockings I don't go out to deliberately flash although I know I my husband will ask me to for him if the there is an opportunity.  I only ever wear fully fashioned and I prefer to wear my stockings long because often I am wearing shorter skirts or dresses for both work or pleasure.  Besides which if I do flash accidentely or otherwise, I may flash more than just my stocking tops :blush:

Judging by your photos Sophi........ WOW!!!! :D