David@SHQ

Behave Yourself Or You *will* Be Banned!

64 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I suspect I'm not alone in getting utterly fed up with the amount of bickering and petty abuse in this forum. I do not have the time to deal with the number of offending messages that are reported.

Please, therefore, desist or you will be sent to the cooler where you can argue with yourself all you like and nobody else need be bothered.

David

Right. I say... Off with their heads! Oops! I mean... Off to the Cooler with them all ! icon_nod.gif  icon_lol.gif

EDIT– Or better yet, here's a thought. Why not do nothing, short of the standard impotent warnings. Why not let them spit and piss all over the forums, for years on end, ruining the forums for most of the regulars; no matter how many bona fide and legitimate complaints are reported over the years? Huh? Why not just keep issuing impotent warnings year after year while basically, for all practical purposes, doing absolutely nothing in the end!? Short of the same'o same'o typically impotent, toothless temporary banishment's which consistently fail to accomplish diddly-squat.

Or in other words... why not just continue with 'business as usual'? The impotence policy sure keeps the trolls happy.

Well said David. Always the majority that ruin things.

Minority :-D

Right first time about this place I reckon

Hi all,

I suspect I'm not alone in getting utterly fed up with the amount of bickering and petty abuse in this forum. I do not have the time to deal with the number of offending messages that are reported.

Please, therefore, desist or you will be sent to the cooler where you can argue with yourself all you like and nobody else need be bothered.

David

Thinly veiled threats of violence should carry an automatic ban, cooler sentence or whatever. A lot of good members here are being frightened off by the thug element.

Well said David, anyone can hold an opinion and express it without the usual culprits heaping abuse on them. New beds and blankets for the padded cell lol.

David

Please make this a sticky like your last direction, otherwise people will forget all about it in the next few weeks and carry on with their childish quibbles.

I say ... Off to the Cooler with them all ! icon_nod.gif  icon_lol.gif

or David should start selling "Handbags"   ;)

God forbid we allow people to express a contrary opinion without beating them into submission.

Mr.

I'd like to say as a relatively new member of this diverse and exciting community that I have thouroughly enjoyed myself and have been made feel so very welcome and with that have felt the most relaxed about numerous issues I previously struggled with. I,d therefore like to take this opp to thank all of my new found friends for having me and I look forward to more xxxxx

Thinly veiled threats of violence should carry an automatic ban, cooler sentence or whatever. A lot of good members here are being frightened off by the thug element.

I flagged this to David on a recent (now deleted) thread that was directed to Bunny. I've quit here before due to the gang/mob mentality as it's really not how a civilised forum should act.

Thanks, David hopefully people pay attention.

Well said, David

People post here in good faith with what they believe to be a sighting: certain members, one in particular, are aggressive, rude and sneering. That has to stop.

This is supposed to be fun, not a witch trial

For me (and I no longer post here really) virtually every disastrous thread has involved, to some extent or another, one user in particular. I suspect 99% of folks know who I am referring to.

Well said David.

Some people need to just put this one user on their ignore list and stop getting so het up about minor issues. By just picking an argument with this one user every time he posts they will only end up reverting to aggressive threats or abusive words and find themselves in the cooler or banned (again).

For me (and I no longer post here really) virtually every disastrous thread has involved, to some extent or another, one user in particular. I suspect 99% of folks know who I am referring to.

Well said David.

Name and shame?

Its so simple. Be polite when you speak to people or reply to posts. If you can't be polite, don't speak.

Thanks David and I'm sorry you have to deal with this kind of person.

He is so frightening that all are afraid to name him. :o

No your name is "One user" for now but it will probably change in a while as soon as you upset some more decent posters.

It has changed several times in the past few years normally after several users have disagreed with you

It used to be bunny, big bad bunny, bbb, drbunny and I suspect a few others.

You must account for a great deal of all complaints on here and alot of moderation time.

K

God forbid we allow people to express a contrary opinion without beating them into submission.

Mr.

There is a huge difference between expressing a contrary opinion and trying to impose your own opinion on others. In this particular sub-forum too many users are desperate to impose their own views on everyone else. Worse they actively seek out threads they don't like just to criticise.

I am fairly sure no-one is going to banned for simply disagreeing with another user. If, however, someone pops up in thread after thread saying essentially the exact same thing and criticising every single post they don't agree with, then eventually everyone else will tire of hearing their opinion and they will start to be a nuisance to the majority. That is what I think needs to be clamped down on. There are many, many sub-forums here and people express varying opinions in most of them, but in this particular sub-forum it has become the norm to simply be rude about posts (and posters) you don't like.

There is however one opinion I wish David would start banning people for. The opinion that this sub-forum should be exclusively for stockings. It's an opinion I actually sympathise with but various posters use thread after thread to openly disagree with the decision made by David in his sticky post concerning the matter. Such people genuinely believe it is their right to write comment after comment after comment disagreeing with David's decision and generally causing a nuisance of themselves. It's not just an opinion they are expressing - they are actively seeking to impose what they want on everyone else. To such a degree that they are prepared to rant every time somebody posts a tights sighting. Some have even gone as far as to start up polls in a vain attempt to impose their opinion on David himself!!! Its becoming a tiresome and boring argument but they insist we all listen to it again and again and again because it's what they want.

You should all be glad David is such a mild mannered person. Seriously if I ran this forum I would start banning everyone that dared bring that up again. David made his decision and it's his forum. That should be enough for all of us.

In short if you are reading this and you are one of those people, and you genuinely hate that tights get posted in this sub-forum now, then why not leave and set up your own forum that you yourself control? Just don't annoy David with your "opinion" ten times a week.

One User needs to be released from this forum.

You're in luck, kelly g's "One User lynch mob" has no entry conditions based on looks, willy size or IQ.

There is a huge difference between expressing a contrary opinion and trying to impose your own opinion on others. In this particular sub-forum too many users are desperate to impose their own views on everyone else. Worse they actively seek out threads they don't like just to criticise.

I am fairly sure no-one is going to banned for simply disagreeing with another user. If, however, someone pops up in thread after thread saying essentially the exact same thing and criticising every single post they don't agree with, then eventually everyone else will tire of hearing their opinion and they will start to be a nuisance to the majority. That is what I think needs to be clamped down on. There are many, many sub-forums here and people express varying opinions in most of them, but in this particular sub-forum it has become the norm to simply be rude about posts (and posters) you don't like.

There is however one opinion I wish David would start banning people for. The opinion that this sub-forum should be exclusively for stockings. It's an opinion I actually sympathise with but various posters use thread after thread to openly disagree with the decision made by David in his sticky post concerning the matter. Such people genuinely believe it is their right to write comment after comment after comment disagreeing with David's decision and generally causing a nuisance of themselves. It's not just an opinion they are expressing - they are actively seeking to impose what they want on everyone else. To such a degree that they are prepared to rant every time somebody posts a tights sighting. Some have even gone as far as to start up polls in a vain attempt to impose their opinion on David himself!!! Its becoming a tiresome and boring argument but they insist we all listen to it again and again and again because it's what they want.

You should all be glad David is such a mild mannered person. Seriously if I ran this forum I would start banning everyone that dared bring that up again. David made his decision and it's his forum. That should be enough for all of us.

In short if you are reading this and you are one of those people, and you genuinely hate that tights get posted in this sub-forum now, then why not leave and set up your own forum that you yourself control? Just don't annoy David with your "opinion" ten times a week.

Can't agree with this at all. The majority of people that moan about tights postings are infrequent visitors to this sub-forum and are unaware of the rule.

If people still go unpunished for abusive, antagonistic and aggressive threats then a ban for a simple mistake seems a bit harsh.

Same people all the time David get rid of them they spoiling it for the rest ,

David can something be done about the above, its been going on too long now........

Who knew stockings could be so controversial! I'd have to say that I have seen some awful behaviour on this forum (which I read but never otherwise participate in) and it would certainly seem time to ban certain individuals (and ban the IP so they don't simply create a new account)

Thing that gets me is that the individual in question has changed his sign in name more than once over the last few months, I wonder if that is so that he cannot be banned?

Thing that gets me is that the individual in question has changed his sign in name more than once over the last few months, I wonder if that is so that he cannot be banned?

I think David will be alarmed that just by changing your 'sign in name' (whatever the heck that is?) people can escape a ban. No doubt the current residents of the Cooler will latch on to this Get out of Jail free card and quickly change their 'sign in name' and be back here harassing us decent folk  ;) . David should award you with a Gold Star for highlighting this worrying security loophole.

It's the difference between one disagreeing post and four, five six or seven. And an expression of an opinion and the intent to intimate those who do not agree with it.

Opinions are fine but nobody likes hearing the same opinion again and again. My own opinion is clear and stated - I personally believe this forum should be for stockings only. That's it. That's all I needed to do to make my opinion on the forum. That is my right and David would not ban me for expressing that I disagree with him.

HOWEVER - and this is key - if I upset, intimidate, or seek to impose my own personal opinion then I do not deserve to be part of this forum. I believe what I believe but it's not my forum and it's not my choice want gets posted. Worse if I find a poster of a tights image or someone who has started a discussion about tights I have NO RIGHT whatsoever to attack him or his post. Neither should I ever seek to stop him making such posts. Nor should I actively seek reasons why he shouldn't have posted. That is none of my concern,

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to express it simple and succinctly in thread on ONE occasion.

Anybody who takes that opinion and tries to make the forum behave as they themselves want is no longer someone with an opinion - they are now a bully. An offensive gutless coward. They deserve a ban and more - so that those people who don't want to be bulled can enjoy their forum. A forum owned by David and operated for the benefit of the many and not the few.

Have people really got nothing better to do? 

If so, please get in touch with me and I will have you volunteered for a very worthwhile cause in your area before you can say "suspender belts"!

Hi all,

David

I'm 100% behind you David. Many thanks for running a great site.

Suggestion....

Could you delegate some of the administration responsibility?

I'm not volunteering but a deputy could take some of the agro off your shoulders re the bickering rudeness issues.

Thanks again

Matthew

That is a good idea.

Perhaps a couple of trusted members could be appointed by David as Moderators, to do first-line site supervision.

David must have plenty on his plate without having to attend to some of the issues that regularly arise.

>>> EDIT

Having written this, I was surprised, after a check, to realise that there were, in fact, a whole team of Moderators in place. My fault for not having checked before.

This being the case, perhaps the Team should be a bit more proactive, and not leave quite so much to David to sortout - if that is possible, that is.

That is a good idea.

Perhaps a couple of trusted members could be appointed by David as Moderators, to do first-line site supervision.

David must have plenty on his plate without having to attend to some of the issues that regularly arise.

It's been suggested to David on more than one occasion, Chrissie, but so far he doesn't seem to want to relinquish control even slightly.

Well said David, but there will always be a rotten apple in the barrel.

david, you are always right cos it's your forum. But most people on here need to just accept that every now and again someone is gonna be an arsehole. There is no point in everyone getting upset about it. What I would say is that this is not a tights forum. If folks want to talk about that then I'm sure there is somewhere on t'internet for them. It should be about stockings and nothing else. My missus won't come on here cos of all the tights stuff. Everytime she gets into a decent conversation someone asks her if she likes tights.