Sign in to follow this  
C-Denise

Stagewear High Gloss Tights

9 posts in this topic

I've always been intrigued by the very glossy tights worn by chorus girls/ pantomime performers on stage etc., quite often an orangey tan colour.   They appear to be at least 20+ denier.

The gloss effect is almost like glass.

Any one out there with knowledge of these tights, I would love to know more and where to purchase.

D.

you will have to look for your local dance wear shop , that's where I bought mine from. or google dance wear. good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion Tasha, I'll give it a try.  

Glad you answered as I have now discovered you lovely photos,

D,

I've always been intrigued by the very glossy tights worn by chorus girls/ pantomime performers on stage etc., quite often an orangey tan colour.   They appear to be at least 20+ denier.

Any one out there with knowledge of these tights, I would love to know more and where to purchase.

D.

Hi

I had to try these too ultra shiny wow I thought, anyhow did some rsearch and  I bought some 'Capezio Ultra Shimmery Footed Tights' (there are two types of dance tights in the main footed is as we no and convertable which can be used as a footless type they have a hole in the foot sole area) After some research I purchased from a local dancewear shop in person! The colour you describe was I think called 'Toast' ultra shiny more like 30 deneier plus wow do they shine, the only thing I would say is they are small I bought large on advice I usually wear medium.

:)

Hi

I had to try these too ultra shiny wow I thought, anyhow did some rsearch and  I bought some 'Capezio Ultra Shimmery Footed Tights' (there are two types of dance tights in the main footed is as we no and convertable which can be used as a footless type they have a hole in the foot sole area) After some research I purchased from a local dancewear shop in person! The colour you describe was I think called 'Toast' ultra shiny more like 30 deneier plus wow do they shine, the only thing I would say is they are small I bought large on advice I usually wear medium.

:)

spot on Mr N., just what I've always wanted.

D.

Got to remember photo shooters know the angle of the lighting to get the glossiest effect of the hose for sales.