Sign in to follow this  
scurly072

Wearing Tights - A Guy Needs Help!

19 posts in this topic

Hi

I love to wear tights, whether it be under my trousers at work or with a skirt at home. However, I am finding it hard to find tights that stay up and do not start to fall down and get baggy after only a short time walking/bending etc. can anybody give me some tips on how to keep my tights in place?

Thanks

X

I think the number one tip would be to check the size! If the tights are too big they tend to start rolling down from the top. 

I agre with London - try different sizes?  You don't say anything about body shape/size, but I'd suspect the waist size might be part of the problem?  I know I have to be careful.

Jeannie

Try wearing a pair of knickers on top of the tights, rather than underneath.

Thanks guys. I am a 36" waist and have long legs. Obviously, sizes differ greatly from store to store but based on your experiences, would I be a medium, large or extra large?

Extra Large to accommodate your long legs, I'm a 36" waist, but have chunky rather than long legs, love the XXLs Wilkos do and also these http://www.stockingshq.com/tights-c1/pretty-polly-curves-superfit-ladder-resist-tights-p341 , in XL and XXL. Certainly wouldn't be looking at anything smaller than L/XL.

Try wearing a pair of knickers on top of the tights, rather than underneath.

This used to be the fashion in the late 60's and 70's.

Urm just wondering, do you shave your legs? Before i shaved i used to find they would travel badly and quickly! Now i can go hours between adjustments ;)

Hi scurly,

In answer to your question about size, I find tights from M&S in Large fit me perfectly - I'm just over six feet and a 34inch waist. Their opaque ranges are gorgeous. Hope this helps.

Gwen

I normally wear Xl size, to accomodate a rater prominent tummy.  But, make sure the legs are fully stretched, to fit neatly round the male "bits", then pull up the waist to its fullest extent.

John Lewis semi opaques in XL are really good, but I ma a real fan of Wolfords. I know the cost, but I am wearing a pair of Neon 40d every other day at the moment, washing on the alternate days. I have had this pair now for 12 months. I like the Perfectly Thirty range - i have them in Gobi, Sand, Caramel and black. Lovely and smooth

Hi, i used Wolford opaque tights lile de luxe 66, fatal 5p, pure 50 and matt opaque 80.. it so soft but expensive as it last longer.. it so velvet feel on legs skin

Well I would buy tights or pantyhose with some spandex or lycra content to them 100% nylon tends to  bag at the knees or ankles unless you by the correct size even then not sure if you would have the same content. So I would go with the nylon lycra or nylon spandex ones spandex , lycra, elastane all the same these fabrics will cling to your legs

Tightsman has the right idea I think. I have worn good quality tights with lycra for stretch and a nice shiny spandex leotard over them. Go all day on outside worksites and they never move. Only problem is when you have to pee there is a certain amount of "rearranging" to do lol.

Satin sheers sometimes have a tendency to slide down. pamytv is right. Shaved legs help. I wear a pantygirdle with it. The tights will sit perfect and I enjoy the tightness of the girdle too.