David@SHQ

The Purpose Of This Forum... Just Stockings Or Tights As Well?

69 posts in this topic

I had typed the first post before you had banned him in relation to the post above that he was reported for abusive language I then sent the other which when I look it is gloating but Im sure most here are delighted by him not being present anymore, he has been the butt of all the arguments here lately. I posed a reply to him two days ago which you deleted again and he was a present member at the time and was not banned but it was deleted also. There was no mention of bad language etc in it. Im not sure when others have been arguing here for weeks and all the messages are not deleted. Anyway thats my two cents on this situation this morning. Sorry if it bothered you.

Lots of messages have been deleted of late. You were not alone.

As an added explanation to what david has said. One of my messages in another thread in the 'main discussion' forum was deleted along with the messages from a poster who was being abusive. It is sometimes necessary to delete other messages so as not to cause confusion over what the response is linked to, if the OP's message has been deleted.

i might initially have wondered why my message disappeared but then soon realised that to leave mine up would not have made any sense to anyone else reading through the various messages.

as the late 'Corporal Jones' might have said...."Don't panic" it does all fit in the end.

With all the horrible things and terrible hardships going on in the world, lets all play nice.

I love all women stockings-tights what ever.

I look forward to perusing the forums, but the bickering does get depressing.

There are not that many postings to this forum on a daily basis,so no huge amount of my time spent on it.

I treat it a bit like chanel surfing, not what I want? I surf on.

David, my hat off to you, I think I you are doing an amazing job.

I haven't read the entire thread but assume I am not alone in thanking David for making clear his (and therefore the official) position of this forum. I also assume I'm not alone in thanking his David for his commitment to these forums as a whole. Let's not forget that David is a retailer, one with a great passion for the products he sells but none the less a retailer first and foremost and I'm not sure how much these forums genrate revenue for his retail business. So I for one am very grateful that he continues to commit resources to an aspect of his enterprise that probably doesn't generate a great return on investment.

I don't care one way or the other whether this forum should be exclusively for stockings or whether tights postings are acceptable but I do hope David's clarification stops the pointless and petty arguments about it (though having just looked a few posts above mine it doesn't look like it has!!)

. I appreciate that may upset a few, but equally I get deeply frustrated by constantly being called upon to deal with petty arguments and bickering. And given how easy it is to simply skip over a thread you're not really interested in,

David, I for one back you and your wonderful efforts. I've been around forums and chat rooms enough to know that eventually they all get "messed up" with those who don't truly appreciate the aim of the particular site. Fighting, etc ensues and a noble effort is ruined. Lets hope that cooler heads prevail and those who've thoroughly enjoyed your products (as I have) and the forums will ignore those who just don't get it.

Jeannie

Hi David - yes and that is your perrogative of course - but would be good to simply delete the 'offending' message as opposed to the whole post.....!!!!!!!! The point is that so many forums here will invite so many viewpoints - isn't that and free speech - what it's all about...?

Linda x

As David1612 said: " It is sometimes necessary to delete other messages so as not to cause confusion over what the response is linked to, if the OP's message has been deleted."

Maybe Linda i should also have added that in order to prevent continued inappropriate respnses from appearing on a thread, and the moderator or David having to spend time constantly checking the thread concerned, it is easier to remove the whole thread. I understand that this is not ideal if the OP was a general question/observatiion, but some people can get emotional/tetchy about any post and removal is the best course to take.

I'm sure it's nothing personal against you. Having spent 34 years in Local Govenment, (and no, not a jobsworth LoL) sometimes things aren't quite as black & white as 2 + 2. There is sometimes a slightly wider picture, but thankfully that would be rare occasions.

Its hard to add a comment without seeming being dragged into a debate.

But as a long time user of SHQ forums. (I date back to pre tights!) I would like to say i still find myself drawn to the TV media sightings forum. As its always nice to hear when people have spotted or even suspected someone of wearing in the public eye!

It must be a throw back to enjoying shows like Benny Hill or Kenny Everett as a child!

But i am drawn, what blows me away is i read the posts hoping for a clip or capture of the said image. I have even been known to view a whole program on an iplayer to the point referenced just to find its tights or bare legs with a shadow! Call me too relaxed about it but i have then never felt the need to post some rude or agressive point about it not being or not appropriate for the forum!

To me (and many others i suspect) its the thrill of the chase! its the expectation of what that thread will lead to! screen caps or not. Pictures from a daily newspaper. it matters not a jot! we all look! we all try and spot while we are watching telly or movies! some of use are eagle eyed and will spot more than others.

If i am disppointed by a post i will not comment. If i like a post then i will. I personally would like to thank people that go to the effort to post anything that they think is worth sharing! Do people really think that this forum will be swampped with fake sightings all the time? look at the averages! 3 or 4 new posts a day is a good day!

So for those that suspect a sighting of tights, stockings or just a cracking pair of legs! post away please! i think thats what David and SHQ would like. For those that don't like what these posts lead too! Move onto the next post and read that one! you never know you might enjoy that post more.

What would be a real shame is that David and his team think its not worth the hassle lets drop this forum.

Just my point of view!

Buster

Dont feed the trolls..!

These forums are great, the content is great and the contributors are friendly.. One criticism is that whilst the content is great, sometimes its not plentiful. Why stiful the 'quantity' to appease a few..? More quantity is better than no quantity and if you are sooo busy that you can't afford the time to skip through a few 'non relevant' threads, the you can't afford the time to be on here as it is..!

Just press the damn back button ffs and move on..!

Bloody hell, all this over tights and stockings........

Amazing.........

I hate to mention this but I have stockings, hold-ups, tights and, even, leggings! Where possible I generally try to wear only one type of hosiery at a time :)

Thank's to David, the patron Saint of Hosiery :)

Maybe Linda i should also have added that in order to prevent continued inappropriate respnses from appearing on a thread, and the moderator or David having to spend time constantly checking the thread concerned, it is easier to remove the whole thread. I understand that this is not ideal if the OP was a general question/observatiion, but some people can get emotional/tetchy about any post and removal is the best course to take.

This is really only partly the case, and no offence is intended to DaviniaM.

David and his moderators do not constantly monitor the treads, they only do so when a report or a complaint is received. In other words, when someone doesn't like what another may say and considers the remark inappropriate IN THEIR EYES, but not neccesarily in anyone elses.

The only reson that David sees fit to remove large chunks or the whole thread is because instead of hitting the 'report' button straight away, the thread starts to take on the equivalent of a brawl, and leaves David no choice in his actions.

So the answer is, if you think someone has posted an inappropriate comment, report it there and then even if it's in your opinion only. It is then up to the 'moderators' (That's their job) to decide if in fact the comment does warrant removal or if it is just someone making waves for the sake of it.

It's very unfortunate that tights are allowed in a forum called "Stockings HQ television and media sightings forum", surely your software can't be that crap that a tights forum is that difficult?

:angry:

It's very unfortunate that tights are allowed in a forum called "Stockings HQ television and media sightings forum", surely your software can't be that crap that a tights forum is that difficult?

:angry:

Have you been away, Sue?

It is what it is. Life is way to short. Get over it. Appreciate a well turned nylon clad leg regardless of whether it is stockings or tights.

Oh, I noticed that david introduced the pantyhosehq-forum today. It seems this thread is going to be closed because things should be cleared now. Is this true?

You use to see a few of those banners in the crowd at football matches .

"God is not the author of confusion" ...  Corinthians

Oh, I noticed that david introduced the pantyhosehq-forum today. It seems this thread is going to be closed because things should be cleared now. Is this true?

Oh yeah....  :D

Mmmmmmmmm.

I have read through the replies on this thread and honestly think everyone has merit.

My initial thoughts were that maybe a name change/brand realignment may be the way with the site now catering for various hosiery and underwear purchases, however............

David has built a brand which is recognised and successful - credit to him and his team.

My wife and I use this site for purchases of all types of tights, bodysuits and stockings.

Therefore I think David has the correct balance in terms of acceptance of all hosiery.

Rationally this is a site to drive sales and keep David in business.

This I respect hugely.

The fact he subsidies the server bandwith to accomodate a chatroom, forum, etc for free is to be respected.

I've read some of the negative comments across the forums.

In life there are trolls offline (we can all think of one person who you think get a life) online it is easier to be anonymous and vent negative easier........they should not be entertained or encouraged - I say they should be ignored.

Thanks David and as long as your site is good to use my wife and I will continue to support you with purchases.

Constructive responses welcomed.

Nick.

Being born in 1946 and living through FF,  RHT and Stretch Stockings era's till Tights came in (locally) in 1967  any of the first two was a bonus! most wore stretch, but you did not need to see stocking tops etc on show to know that the woman was wearing,

Post '67  99.9% wore tights the other 0.1% did wear stockings or rather "topless tights".. By late 1960's/early 1970's they too had died the death with "pelmets" replacing skirts, then about 1974 seamed even copy ff tights made an appearance, later even blackfoot versions thus,  still with the pelmets (very short skirts)  so my opinion is I do not like to see suspenders/stocking tops on show, such is a turn off to me, but anything seamed,  stockings/tights to me  is wow!, needless to say blackfoots is even more , a WOWI

Just enjoy the fact there are women who like to wear skirts and dresses with tights or stockings. Don't argue about tights or stockings... just enjoy. 

The internet is full of girls in stockings. So if you just want to lurk...google.

But this forum is about the pleasure and admiring the women wearing some nice footwear and sharing that with others.

Looks the same....but is a huge difference.

David,  Many thanks for many years of great service on the shop front.. I have just started to look at the forums...  but I now know why I havn't bothered before.......

Oh my,,,,,  is it really almost 10 years since "silk stockings" went out of busieness...  I spent many happy days in their premisis in Glasto picking through the stock....  I didnt realise that your site development was so tumultious although i do once remeber sitting with you and talking about some issues when we approached you with our shoe business ( which we sold on after 7 years)..

Again thanks for a great service

Pippa and Kim 

Should the title be changed to tights and bare legs sightings as well?   Or basically any sightings?