The MG

Black Tights That Can Be Worn With Mini Skirt Or Shorts?

11 posts in this topic

So here's the thing: My wife is a stockings/hold ups girl. She doesn't own a pair of tights!

However, she just bought a very short mini kilt. Much as she likes to 'acidentally' flash a little stocking top, this one is way too short for any type of hold ups in any circumstances.

She also has some denim hot pant type shorts. She wants to wear opaques with them but they are also too short for her thinnest welt hold ups.

So - against my better judgement - in case it becomes a habit - its time to buy a pair of tights.

The problem is, many tights have this welt-like horizontal band on the upper thigh, a couple of inches below the crotch. She thinks this looks sloppy when on show.

So she wants some tights - some black and some opaque - that have the same fabric right to the crotch and over the bum. Ones with no darker areas visible on the upper thigh if wearing a very short skirt or shorts.

The question is, what brand?

one of my neighbours strolled passed me yesterday wearing shorts and tights. worked for me. also wears stockings or hold ups from what i've seen

Well, searching on SHQ with the phrase

sheer to waist

gets twenty hits with a variety of fabric types, patterns and colours. These all appear to match your basic requirements.

Wolford Neon 40's are my absolute favourites and are (STW - Sheer To Waist)

Unfortunatley SHQ dont sell them, but a search on ebay or the web will help.

Expensive, but well worth the extra money as they are pure quality.

Nicole x

I highly recommend these:

http://www.stockingshq.com/tights-c1/falke-40493-seidenglatt-15-transparent-shining-tights-p124

I wear then by preference to even Wolfords. They feel great on and they last. Excellent value for money.

(And they do them ina size that fits me, but that may not be a consideration for your wife)

Ahh, sheer to waist - I didn't know the term. Thanks folks!

This looks like the type of thing: http://www.stockings...and-tights-p331

She also has a mini kilt with a subtle side split almost to the hip. That can be, shall we say, risqué with hold ups. Or 'only for out of town' as she says. ;)

Having trouble finding sheer to waist opaques if anyone can suggest?

I am surprised it is not a search option on the site shop.

So I found sheer to waist opaques on a competing site - there didn't seem to be any here.

(David are you listening? I spent 40 quid elsewhere that I would rather have spent here - opaque sheer to waist please! Lots of girls wear shorts with opaques and an ugly band at upper thigh isn't nice. This is a minor market niche you are missing I think. Do you see how many girls in the street wear opaques with shorts?).

I got the black tights here of course. As linked above.

Yikes, I hope this tights thing wont become a habit........

Edited by The MG

Silks brand(if theyre available where you are) have a very nice ph that has a stocking top motif.... she can accomplish tow things at once! - wear tights...AND flash a stocking top!