Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeannie

Question About Ultra-Sheer Tights

33 posts in this topic

Recently I ran across a few ads about 5D tights. The sample pictures and the descriptions left my mouth watering! So - my question is - Has anyone here worn tights that sheer and how much care do they need when putting them on?

Thank you!

Jeannie

I wear 5 dens often but I do find that their lifespan is very short. There purpose of being barely there often means they have sheer toes. My toes tend to come through or start ladders, especially when I am in heels. I do have a weakness for Wolford Aura 5 dens but as they are so expensive I just tend to wear these about the house when wearing slippers. I also like Aristoc 5 dens.

Thank you, Swane! I'll be checking on those two. I'm hoping at least the Aristoc are available at stores - I'm in the US.

Jeannie

5 den! I would love to tempt a pair! Very sadly I've only seen and bought 10 den here - wish that were not so.

Hanes silk reflections in 15 denier feel just great so do not worry. I love to wear these pantyhose and buy them online in the UK. I am however torn between buff beige and natural. There are just so many skin tones!!!

If you can find the Pretty Polly 5 den they are amazing also the 8 den as well!

Maria,

Thank you! The ads I've seen for P.P. all stop at sizes for up to 5' 10". That's a bit too short for me - as I'm a little more meaty (not fat, meaty) and 5' 10" might be a tad too small?

Jeannie

Not sure. Regarding the L'eggs and Hanes I have worn, I bought XL as the size for L goes up to 5'11'' from memory. I am over 6' and therefore thought XL the better option. However, XL are very long and unfortunately this means if I pull the legs up really nice and tight there is a lot of surplus control top material! For this reason you may be ok with 5'10''.

Go for Wolfords though, especially if there is a store near you. In the UK at least the shop assistants are very helpful!!!

Jeannie, sorry about that if you can ever find some that are long enough then they would be well worth it. Goodluck hope that you find some great ultra sheers!!

Maria

Maria,

Since we're both in the US, where do you get your "Pollys"? If there's a store I can use, all the better.

Jeannie

Jeannie, actually I have always purchased them off of SHQ, but you can sometimes find them on ebay.

Maria

i have found that Hue makes a fantastic looking, wearing, and feeling hose that is 10 den in tan.

Silks, I got interrupted before. Thank you for the suggestion. I also looked up the brand and they're sold at a store within 2 miles of me. I don't like ordering online - much prefer going and looking at what I'm buying. Again - thank you!

Jeannie

10den and less are fantastic I love to wear in summer, but you have to be very careful with them

Matt and Liz,

Being from the US, I'm not familiar with M&S.   Are they just in the UK?

Jeannie

I have tried Pretty Poly Naturals (they used to be called Barely There). They're 8D and are surprisingly tough for their sheerness. They are so light and soft but do need some care while putting on. They give the softest sheen to legs and are hardly noticeable. I did find them quite short in the leg and they do not have as much stretch as heavier denier tights.

Thank you, Jess - I'll keep that in mind when I order some.   I'm still looking at the Aristoc brand for their sheers.

Jeannie

Hi Jeannie,

How are you?  I hope life is treating you well.  We are just coming into summer here in Aust and I have found these Levante pantyhose for summer.

http://www.stockingshq.com/tights-c1/levante-resistenza-5-denier-ultra-sheer-non-run-tights-p257

They are lovely to wear and whilst they are 5 den, are very durable and hard wearing.  They are also nice and light and the visone colour looks lovely on the leg.

Hope this helps

Jackie

xxx

Mrs SA wears M&S 5 denier tights for working in an office environment, they have proved very durable but at the same time they are so sheer, it's difficult to see she has got them on!!! :o

Hi Jeannie,

How are you?  I hope life is treating you well.  We are just coming into summer here in Aust and I have found these Levante pantyhose for summer.

http://www.stockingshq.com/tights-c1/levante-resistenza-5-denier-ultra-sheer-non-run-tights-p257

They are lovely to wear and whilst they are 5 den, are very durable and hard wearing.  They are also nice and light and the visone colour looks lovely on the leg.

Hope this helps

Jackie

xxx

Hello Jackie!   I hit "Post" before typing in!   Silly me!

Thank you for the Levante item.   I checked and they DO look very lovely - and I could not swear the model had anything on her legs - the color difference was so small.  

They are 5D - how are they in putting on?  I mean, is it easy to snag them?  I see from the description that they won't run (ladder to you Aussies), but are they "tuggable" - meaning can we pull on them a bit without tears?

Oh - as for the summer approaching you now - GIVE IT BACK!!!

Hello Jackie!   I hit "Post" before typing in!   Silly me!

Thank you for the Levante item.   I checked and they DO look very lovely - and I could not swear the model had anything on her legs - the color difference was so small.  

They are 5D - how are they in putting on?  I mean, is it easy to snag them?  I see from the description that they won't run (ladder to you Aussies), but are they "tuggable" - meaning can we pull on them a bit without tears?

Oh - as for the summer approaching you now - GIVE IT BACK!!!

Hi Jeannie,

How are you?  I have worn the levanter 5d in the office without any snag or tear problems.  They wear really well and I definitely

recommend them.

Let me know how you go with them.  By the way, Summer still hasn't quite arrived here yet and I am so sorry that I cant give it back.

Jackie

Hello again, Jackie!   I'll be glad to let you know how the 5D's are for me.   I won't be getting them for a good while though, since I have to wait until my "other half" goes on a 2 week vacation with some friends and I get to become Jean Marie.  I think I'm going to try several different pair - Levante (as you recommend) and some Aristoc's which I started this topic speaking about.  I think it will be an exciting time for me.   I only wish I could purchase them locally, because the last time I orderedd a garment to be shipped, it came to early and my wife intercepted the mail delivery and I had some fancy explaining to do.

Take care and DO send our Summer back when it arrives!!!!

Jeannie

Hello again, Jackie!   I'll be glad to let you know how the 5D's are for me.   I won't be getting them for a good while though, since I have to wait until my "other half" goes on a 2 week vacation with some friends and I get to become Jean Marie.  I think I'm going to try several different pair - Levante (as you recommend) and some Aristoc's which I started this topic speaking about.  I think it will be an exciting time for me.   I only wish I could purchase them locally, because the last time I orderedd a garment to be shipped, it came to early and my wife intercepted the mail delivery and I had some fancy explaining to do.

Take care and DO send our Summer back when it arrives!!!!

Jeannie

Hey Jeannie,

Summer looks like it is about to arrive in Melbourne.

Hey Jeannie,

Well, GIVE IT BACK!!   LOL   Have a good summer, hon.

Jeannie

Hey Jeannie,

Doesn't it make you want to spit?

Boats,

I don't mean to sound dumb, but why would one "spit" because Summer is approaching?   

Jeannie