• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Legs66

Legs66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

My boyfriend has bought me some amazing and very sheer seamed stockings which I'm terrified of putting on in case i snag them....where can i get some hoisery gloves or does anyone have any other tips that might help me? Thanks Legs66

#2 Guest_Jeannie_*

Guest_Jeannie_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just a thought - but perhaps a crafts store - like JoAnn Fabrics, might have something you can use? Failing that, a last resort would be to go to a medical supplies store or pharmacy and get a pair of medical gloves. This last one is TRULY a last resort, though - believe me - I've done that.
One more idea - if you order your stockings from this site, they will send you a pair of hosiery gloves, though you have to specifically ask for them.

Jeannie

#3 flutterby

flutterby

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hosiery gloves as nice as they can be, often still slip.

Not exactly alluring, but I use medical latex gloves.
@FlutterbyLushin . I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood.”
Clarence Darrow quotes (American Lawyer, Speaker and Writer, 1857-1938)

I guess I should warn you, if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said.
Alan Greenspan

...Contradiction ?

#4 Susan d'Aristoc

Susan d'Aristoc

Expert member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSurrey
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Gloss Tights & Hold-ups but especially Stockings , particularly FFN

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Gloves are probably the best but someone once suggested to me thoroughly wetting your hands. Put the stockings on whilst they're still wet. Feels a bit weird for a short while --- damp patches on your stockings-- but I find it works!

#5 Dawn Earlylight

Dawn Earlylight

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationHampshire
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:FF & RHT. Please, NOT popsocks!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

You could try a Gents Outfitters, one where they sell evening suits. There, you should also find white cotton gloves (Toastmaster style).

#6 nottsleglover

nottsleglover

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationNottingham
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Gios,Eleganti Seams

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Didn't the Gio website used to sell them, i'm sure Mrs NLL got some from there

#7 Guest_Jeannie_*

Guest_Jeannie_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm curious how the wet hands may prevent snags from an unnoticed rough spot on a nail??

Jeannie

#8 Jackie

Jackie

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Levante, Ambra, Voodoo, Gios

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hate it, hate it, hate it. You go to the expense of buying delicate hosiery, only to ladder or cause runs in them when you put them on.

For thems delicates, I use hosiery gloves, or just use an old pair of stockings over you hands. Other times, moisturise your hands and just be careful with your nails.

Jackie

#9 HanesBaby-CSB

HanesBaby-CSB

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • LocationChicago Area USA
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Hanes Vintage Dress Sheer RHT.

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hello Legs66, One of my all time favorite stockings were Berkshire sheer heel and toe seamed stockings in black. I still have some and wear them from time to time. Watch the condition of your feet and toe nails. Can't have any rough spots or snags. My husband would be the person that got my feet ready for those stockings. He would do a flawless job with "Pretty Feet" and a pedicure. When he applied the nail polish he not only painted the nail surface but the tips of the nail also. After all that treatment he would then apply a skin conditioner. Now your boyfriend has put you in a trick bag by getting you these very fetching stockings! He should be the person to help prepare you for their maiden voyage. Have him help you during this process. My husband uses any type of rubber or throw away latex gloves. Get them at a painting or drug store. Believe me it's great fun and an extra pair of hands is a great help. No man should ever go without dressing his lady in her stockings. It's a labor of love and a bonding issue also. You gotta do it to know what I mean. And he Must!, fit you into your shoes also! Now have your tiger read my reply here and get him busy! Bless You Both! I love stories about guys that purchase stockings for their ladies! That's very special and it takes a certain amount of manly yet intimate courage. He must love you very much.

Susan
The Leg Show Legend.

#10 jackieblue7

jackieblue7

Expert member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:FFs-- Grey with Black Foot/Seam/Welt, RHTs of all colors, and Opaque Nylons, Fashion, Lace, Lace-top, Stripes, Stockings Only! Holdups don't.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

You break all our hearts, Susan! :)

#11 gazzoom

gazzoom

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Locations west
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:ff, love bronze colour, most makes.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Susan, great read.

I have been doing that for over 40 years with my wife. She shapes her own nails and takes off the rough skin, but I do the varnish and put on the stockings, and the suspender clips. As you say, great for bonding and brings you closer together with laughter included. Thought I was the only one to do that. Good to find I'm not alone in assisting a ladies final appearence, straight seams are a must.

#12 Jackie

Jackie

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Levante, Ambra, Voodoo, Gios

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Susan's husband and Gazzoom,

What a fine pair of gentleman.

Jackie

#13 gazzoom

gazzoom

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Locations west
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:ff, love bronze colour, most makes.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thank you Jackie. We try... :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users