Photo

Why Do Most Men Go Crazy Over Women & Stockings /suspender's?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SLM

SLM

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVA. (USA)
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:gartered stockings, in Black, Off-black or Suntan

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

I have been a member here for a short time & really enjoy reading all the reply's. Which made me wonder?
What is it about women who wear stockings/suspender's, that drive most men, especially me WILD?
I adore a woman who has great legs, who has the sense & style to wear a nice pair of stockings. My fav's happen to be, black, off black & suntan. This may have been asked before, if so sorry!
So if any of you folks out there would please post your opinion, it would be appreciated.

#2 Dworkin

Dworkin

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationSkay Jubal, the Last Castle in Ann Arbor
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Hanes Dress Sheers, Nationals, RHT of course...

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Greetings there SLM and Welcome on.

The answers to your questions have answers beyond measuring. I'll offer two fairly simple ones and expect there shall be a plethora more to follow.

In simple terms, that which gets you in a lather is what, as a society is considerd "forbidden", that which is supposed to be a highly personal thing and is reinforced in the very early stages of development. You aren't supposed to see it (this could and does oft apply to much) therefore it takes on a value out of proportion to it's actual being. In other words, it's exciting.

The other related component relates to obsessions, from mild to wild and in some cases overwhelming. The more extreme of these can loosely be considered fetishes and I find that to be an overused word. Based on your words, you appear to have a healthy appreciation that drives you bonkers but does not appear (from the little you presented) to control your life. As in most things of this nature, at some point in your early development, the very early years, you associated legs and related garments that you speak of to stimulus in very likely a sexual manner. There is all likelihood you are not aware of the event or events and that is very common as most of us are unable to recall an event (or series) that acted as the trigger(s). Almost all humans have the ability to experience sexual stimuli at in some cases right out of the womb so it is not unusual that most have no idea of their particulars. The short: somewhere along your time line you connected two experiences (physical and visual are normals) and now find those exciting and enjoyable.

I say, have fun!

Hope that helps.

Fine Regards,
Dworkin

#3 Guest_MisterSeams_*

Guest_MisterSeams_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

The answer is going to be different for every man. So I will tell you my own personal theory. Suspenders and stockings serve a duo purpose, both practical and sexy. they make a woman's legs look very sexy, but they also hold up her stockings. However, as the suspenders hold up the stockings something else happens. The little straps turn into a decoration of sorts, they hold up the stockings so tight they distort the welt of the stockings and create this beautiful picturesque tugging, seducing the viewer into fascination, wondering if this woman is wearing them to show off her thighs and her legs or just to feel sexy and have an extra boost of self confidence in herself?

They don't just decorate the legs though(In my opinion, one of the sexiest parts of a woman's anatomy), they decorate the woman's butt. It seems(no pun intended) that in making an elasticized device for a practical purpose, the purpose also draws the eye towards the already erogenous zones of a woman's body. It is important to note that if the purpose isn't practical that some aspect of why it is so sexy is lost.

The woman feels confident, powerful and sexual when she wears them. However, if somebody were to see those secrets... she loses some of her power, because to know those intimate secrets we discover a lot about her. But there's always one question remaining. Does she wear them for practicality's sake only or because she likes to look and feel sexy... or both? Once she reveals those secrets in a bedroom context(even if it's not strictly the bedroom per se) it is the man who has lost all his power because his breath is taken away. The woman knows all this and knows how much we like to see that little button on her thigh and the strap seductively holding those stockings up.

We as men love practical devices, and our mechanical brains work in such a way that we think we can have an excuse to undo those suspender clasps while the lady wears them. They are simply a tease, driving us mad and making us desire the woman like no other before or since, and that is why suspenders and stockings are so sexy.

#4 seam follower

seam follower

Expert member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Janet Reger

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

I think its because stocking tops and suspenders form a "picture frame" around the No.1 area of male sexual interest. The lower edge is the line of stocking tops, below it the stockings, darker than the flesh of the thighs above. The top edge is the suspender belt, below it more bare lighter flesh is displayed. Side edges are formed by the suspender straps, inclining inwards and focussing attention. And there in the centre of the framed square, like a target, is the triangle on which all male eyes lock the instant it's revealed, whether covred by panties, or nude. Look at the picture I've just posted in my gallery and notice the way your eyes take it all in.

#5 SLM

SLM

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVA. (USA)
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:gartered stockings, in Black, Off-black or Suntan

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

First of all, Thank you for the welcome. Now I thank you for the responses & I totally agree with the notion that " the straps form a frame around what in most cases is a beautiful sight, a woman's finely formed ass" There is NOTHING in my opinion nicer or more beautiful on a woman than a fine set of legs encased in stockings/garter's & a great ass! :D

#6 Guest_businesslady_*

Guest_businesslady_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Some good answers by previous posters very articulate and well written in my opinion and this is from a female perspective very short and simple are legs are made to look more attractive on the eye and men see stockings as expressing sexuality.

#7 Dworkin

Dworkin

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Hanes Dress Sheers, Nationals, RHT of course...

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

Greetings again All.

A bit to add and prompted by the response from Businesslady who expresses a grand point. To wit, that which has been covered and shall again as there are always those new coming on board and in my opinion always welcome and there are always those who may have been absent during whatever session was in play. The male of the most species is generally very visually oriented. I've used the example of Guppies where the males are colored far more than most females and liken that to the fact most Guppies can't afford a fancy car or suit and have to rely on simpler tactics to attract females. That is simple nature and occurs a lot of levels in the animal world. Women attract men on a more basic level with simple attractive features (and this has wide variance depending upon cultural situations to begin with) with big breasts being just one major example.

Leg guys would naturally be attracted to adornments that those here hold high on that attractant list. A stocking clad leg, well how could it be not an eye catcher? Visuals are not all one sided; females of all species are tuned so and one gal I got to know too well had a penchant for the male member centrally located at the frontal pelvic level. Mattered little about the state, at arousal or not, she found the sight extremely stimulating. This is not particularly unusual though women in the USA and other parts of Western culture are taught very early on not to express such, much as men are supposed to suppress their emotional side.

As SLM did ask about specifically the turn on factor with regards to women wearing stockings, with a garter/suspender and Businesslady did address this nicely, and added, from a woman's perspective. Interesting that and there may be a grand more to explore therein. Businesslady, Welcome to SHQ.

Best,
Dworkin

#8 peri

peri

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Certainly stockings.. ff, bicolor, contrast heel and welt.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

Greetings to all.
I would like to add something to Dworkin's first response to this post conserning the formation of "fetishes" in a man's very early childhood. Stockings/suspenders are obviously a very powerful fetish for many but as we all know it's not the only one (high heels, boots, panties, boobs, pantyhose etc beeing only but a few). In simple words Psychology says that very young boys tend to think of their mothers as anatomicaly similars. So it comes to their big surprise when they realise that mother possesses no penis! This can be a very frustrating experience for many of them and they tend to replace it in their minds with a piece of her garments. This is the principal mechanism of fetish formation and explains why stockings are so popular amongst men who had that kind of visual stimuli when beeing children.
This cannot cover every case of course (young stocking lovers fall out of this) but next generation's fetishes will not be stockings I am afraid :)
Seam follower said it all very nicely about "framing" and I very much agree.

Best to all

P

#9 HanesBaby-CSB

HanesBaby-CSB

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • LocationChicago Area USA
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Hanes Vintage Dress Sheer RHT.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

Hello SLM and welcome to SHQ. I guess I'll share what most hot blooded young men thought about never never land or the area above the garters/suspenders and stocking tops when I was a young girl! And I'll pretty much assume most guys think the same way today. Think of a Leprechaun chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and apply that to the area above the stocking tops. That area is the end of the rainbow and the pot of gold is very near. The rainbow is lovely! As lovely as a pair of legs dressed up in sheer stockings. The rest of the story you will now understand why boys will be boys. Years ago a singer named Johnny Horton sang a song named "North To Alaska" It was about the Gold Rush in Alaska. Think of going north of the stocking tops and you will understand all about the Gold Rush. ALM, as long as there are gents like yourself and my husband and perhaps many of the men that are members of SHQ there will always be a fantasy land to investigate at the end of the rainbow. It will always be Half Heaven and Half Heartache! And it will always be mysterious! We hold the power, always have and always will so you go ahead and go as wild as wild will allow! You are Supposed To! That's a natural part of your makeup. It's not bad or forbidden. It's the way you were made and that's beautiful.

Sincerely,
Susan
The Leg Show Legend.

#10 inlovewitshybabe

inlovewitshybabe

Expert member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Locationcloud cookoo land

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

some good answers and as businesslady points out, very elequently put!

i however slightly disagree with the notion that stockings in themselves express sexuality, its the lady that does that surely and if stockings aid that process then sure, thats good, but it could be a new hairstyle could have the same effect on how a woman see's herself and therefore 'portrays' herself to the world..

I dont support the view that women 'loose any power' or they are there to 'frame' a sexual destination however in the midst of intimacy i know that adornments like stockings are used as enticements, seductive tools and encouragement..but thats play..and for some men the 'pot of gold' could well be lips and neck and ears as much as anywhere else..

the key for me is women, feminity..the female form..adorn yourself with what you will to make you more 'powerful. alluring, confident, sensual' but do it for you..because that will always do it for me..(and some other men too)..
how petty are some of the so called 'big guns' you have to laugh

#11 westmeister

westmeister

Expert member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Gio

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

I guess that this is the age old question for all of our community on this fabulous site, and many of the answers have been touched on above.

I certainly agree that it is not so much the garments themselves that hold their own alure, but more the thought of the the lovely lady wearing them. I also think that the appeal and use of stockings as part of male-female relationship has subtly changed over the years.

In the 50s and early 60s when virtually all women wore them - and very few wore trousers - seeing a pair of stocking tops in an intimate situation was quite definitely a signal of achievement in a relationship. To let a panting young man feast his eyes on these otherwise secret sights was an expression that the relationship had gone far enough for intimacy to progress to at least the penultimate level, if not all the way.

During the late 60s, 70s & 80s, most young women happily wore tights (mostly because of the length of hemlines) and stockings mostly became something worn very secretly, and usually sometime into the relationship - long after the first 'bedtime' had occured. Because they were out of the ordinary, it might take the average guy a little while to raise the subject with his girlfriend for fear of rejection. On those odd occasions when public 'sightings' did occur (e.g. FFs, obvious from the seam and the odd wrinkle) one could generally assume that the lady was very much her own person and probably quite racy.

However into the 90s and noughties, stockings have become a little more relaxed and we now even see young celeb's photographed in stockings and short skirts from time to time. Sadly (in my mind) these are usually hold-ups, or thick wooly-looking articles, which don't have quite the same appeal.

However, it is clear from the generous posts of our lovely ladies on this fantastic site, that the art of seductive stocking-wearing is still very much alive and well. I am also very fortunate that my own lovely wife of over 30 years still has and wears a great collection of hosiery, both in public and in private, which we both very much enjoy.

Of all the periods mentioned above, I would still hanker back to the 50s/60s era, when ladies wore stockings in public everyday life with elegance and confidence, and their men were all very lucky.

So once again - here's yet another thank you to all our ladies - Hanes Baby, Crystal, Mercedes Girl, Mrs S and too many others to name, but who really know how to turn an eye.

#12 thighsnlegs

thighsnlegs

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

For myself the answer is very easy. I find women who wear these items are just so very sexy. i believe they tend to have a great pair of legs which is even the best!!

#13 peri

peri

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Favourite hosiery brand or style:Certainly stockings.. ff, bicolor, contrast heel and welt.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

Many, as westmeister already noted, hanker for the 50s/60s era where stockings were in everyday use. Let me portray another view though.
In those days stocking wearing was almost obligatory and part of the dress code. So it had little to do with sexual provocation as it usually happens today. Today women choose to wear stockings not because they have to but because they want to do so, either for personal reasons or, more commonly, in order to send a message of eroticism.
Abundance always has an adverse effect on demand, doesn't it? In those days stocking sightings were inevitable. Today they create new posts in the sightings forum :)
Personaly I wouldn't choose to go back to the 50s even if I had the means of doing this (ok a small trip perhaps :)). I find our era much more exciting and modern ladies wearing stockings much more sexy and provocative. Just my view.

P

#14 maatmouse

maatmouse

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

Its usually the lure of the unseen and therefore, forbidden. Its also an age-related thing. Younger men, in my experience, are not too bothered about seeing stocking tops.

#15 peri

peri

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

Its usually the lure of the unseen and therefore, forbidden. Its also an age-related thing. Younger men, in my experience, are not too bothered about seeing stocking tops.

So very true! Welcome to the forums.

P

#16 Dworkin

Dworkin

Forum legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:01 AM

Greetings there Maatmouse.

Glad you found your way here, an insightful member in my opinion, always welcome.

To wit:

"Younger men, in my experience, are not too bothered about seeing stocking tops."

As Peri made note, well said. The reasons are obvious, hosiery in any style currently is an abstraction and holds little appeal nor significance to those of the of the now and closer, recent generations. This reflects that which is current and therefore relevant to those from their time. I'll agree, traditional, stockings and hosiery in general has as little appeal as Lady GaGa does me- I'd not know here from sight or sound much as most from the current generation would recognize Frank Sinatra or King Crimson. I recently started a gig driving "new" vehicles. I like to think I'm pretty savvy with motor vehicles. Hell, I had a hard time finding the puking interior lights well on the super duper in dash (standard!) sound system which puts my top of the line (13 years old) system in the pits. These new ones have more watts in the dash at command then I used to have on stage!

Still, there are those that express more than a passing interest in the "old ways" here and crop up, asking advice about stockings and such. I welcome these all and encourage we as a group offer all assistance. They may end on being a connection to the past after all...

Keep up the posts there Maatmouse.

Best,
Dworkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users